Do you travel for the holidays? I have always been one that like to stay home for Christmas. Oh, I can remember when first married and when the kids were very young we would travel to various relatives homes. They would open gifts from Santa and then shortly we would pack up and head out. It was always good to be with family but it got really difficult for the kids wanted to stay home and play. Finally one year I announced we were staying home for Christmas! I also said everyone was invited for dinner but we were done with traveling. Wow did I learn very fast to prepare dinner for a couple of dozen relatives. But, I was home!
Fast forward many, many and many years the kids now have children of their own and they want to stay home. I guess I provided many memories that they want to pass on to their children of staying home for Christmas.
So guess who is traveling again for Christmas. Last weekend it was a Jungle Bell weekend. Dashing through the snow in a one studded tire Tahoe. O'er the mountains we go. Laughing all the way or white knuckle all the way!
My daughter, son in law and two granddaughters loaded up my Tahoe and off we went to Bend, which is central Oregon. We had snow here in the valley and then freezing rain so our roads were not in the greatest shape either. I'm happy to report we made it, had a fabulous time with family and now my kids can stay home on Christmas day with their children and make wonderful memories.
6 days till Christmas!
June

I prefer to stay home even if it is alone...Why when we get older are we the ones that have to travel??They are coming here this year even if I do have to cook two meals..."I'm home"..Have a wonderful Holiday..be safe
ReplyDelete