Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thought I was bored

That right, I thought I was boring so I haven't posted for a while. I didn't think I had anything going on but what I found out is; I have been extremely busy. I'll share a few pic's of what I've been up too. But I also found I am slipping on my photography duties. I best get that camera out when I'm off enjoying myself.

The flowers are blooming and the garden was looking good until my girls(chickens) broke in. They sure did like corn starts, green peas and of all things Walla Walla onions. I only have two left.

You can't see the bottoms of the pea plants for they have no leaves, darn chicken. My other row that I planted 3 weeks later were great treats for the girls. Gone, all gone!


I love roses and they are doing very well this year. It was a shaky start with all the rain and they were a little late blooming but now the fragrance is delightful.

I just love this coral color! Yep, if I ever decided to get married again(NOT) notice the capitals, I would have this color.

Besides gardening, summer time is a great time to take a ride on the river. Yes, Oregon does have pretty rivers. I'm thankful to friends who live on the water and have a boat.

It is amazing to watch the young ones ski. I never could master the single ski. I was lucky to stay up on two which was a long, long time ago.

My summer always starts out with dance recitals. Ashley did a great job and got lots of flowers for her accomplishment. It was a great time to take a quick family photo.

I also squeezed in a son birthday. Of course don't the kids always have to help Dad blow out the candles.



Here is my most exciting part!!! I started this arbor about 3 years ago. You see I had this idea to make an arbor out of old doors instead of lattice. This old door came off the back porch of my families 100 year old home. I was really excited to receive this! Then the hunt was on for another.

I tried an old window since I couldn't find another door. It has been like this for months. I really didn't like it so I put a halt to this and started the search again.


Yeah, yippee I found one last weekend while spending the day with my sister on her birthday. We were looking in junk stores in Astoria and there it was. So with a help of a son it went in on Monday evening. I built or should I say dung out and then installed the pavers over four years ago with this arbor idea was just a dream. The little gate was a purchase at the Barn House boys sale up in Battleground, WA. Old and chippy, just like I like it!

Now it is on to finishing the top. Oh, I have ideas, wonder how long this will take to complete. It will be complete with a crystal chandelier hanging in the middle. I have had tucked away and waiting for the final complete day.

I'm so happy that this is finally starting to take shape so with that I can finally say "Never give Up" I may make a sign to hang in the arbor with that wording. Oh my, another idea to complete. A Grandmother always said, "Your never to old to stop dreaming". And my dreams continue.

Enjoy, June

10 comments:

  1. You aren't boring at all. Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on dreaming, love your garden setting. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is smashing. I look at it with envy. Well, maybe some day mine will be developed into something as pretty as yours.
    Hope springs eternal, right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coral rose is very pretty! It must be a floribunda or grandiflora with all those blossoms! I like the whole feel of the arbor project. You're very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. June, good to hear from you again, and you are NOT boring, lol. Oh, couldn't you just trounce those hens for eating all the good stuff, mine got out last week and scratched out all my impatiens and coleus. I was so mad; I mean, I love my hens, too, but they sure can be destructive.

    I'm so excited to watch your arbor taking shape, it is so pretty. Love the rose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great arbor Idea..Love it and the roses..( and even your chickens)They can be a pest but ya gotta still love them.. & you are far from boring..
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old door/arbor is awesome!
    Jeanni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I want you to come build me an arbor like that June!!! You are sooo clever...and busy. Your garden is so lovely. I went back to read a bit here and saw you sitting there in your swing and it made me smile big.
    I am so glad that you have been having some fun with the family too. You have such beautiful kids June!
    sending big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh June, you are definitely NOT boring!!! I love, love, love the arbor....what a terrific idea!!! And your roses are breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love it all...especially the parts about the chicken and the pea plants...and that door looks amazing in that frame!!! I thought the window was ok...but the door is perfect.
    I bet it does smell amazing in that rose bed area!!!
    thanks for linking in this week. I am always in awe of all the different flowers everyone flaunts. It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...and I always enjoy stopping by here! I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete