Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catching My Behind

I am so far behind that I think I have lapped myself and catching up to behind. Is that possible? I was going to do this wonderful post of the Barn House Boy sale but my pictures stink! No other way to put it, so I'm linking to one of my favorite blogger who has wonderful pictures. So stop on by and check out what you missed.

http://isabellang.blogspot.com


Did I find any treasures you ask? Well of course!

First is, I don't know what, yep you heard me. It could be a planter even though I would have to line it. It could be an metal umbrella if I had a need for one. It does have a eye at the top for hanging so for now it is just out in the yard on a Sheppard's hook. Oh, please don't look at the weeds. I have to get out and get caught up on that also!


Now this old tractor seat just caught my eye. It's another, what am I going to do with it, but it spoke to my heart and childhood memories.


Can't you see this filled with flowers overflowing the tub? It was from a vendor, Faded Prairie all the way from Utah. She had the cutest covered wagon booth. Yes, another idea for a flower bed.

Sorry but no picture of my last purchase, but I do have great plans for it. So everyone including me will have to wait to see what the idea in my head turns out like. Hopefully before winter set in, ha-ha!

This past weekend was spent with granddaughters down at the coast. I volunteered to feed my brothers animals while they were out of town. How could I have forgot to take pictures of them feeding the horses, but I did. We visited the Pioneer Museum and the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Here is the only picture I took- bad Grammie!
They sure enjoyed see all the old stuff, as they called it

Ashely took this picture as we were visiting the cheese factory. Now wouldn't it be fun to travel in this converted old VW van. There are several of these loaf vans that travel around the US. Check it out if they visit your area and taste some yummy cheese.

I'm off before I get father behind!

Enjoy June


4 comments:

  1. Sure looks like you had a lot of fun with your granddaughters! And fun at the Barn House sale.
    I love the old wash tub! Yes, I can see that full of flowers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, what a fun trip and wonderful finds. (Though you know, I still use that washtub in my basement every Monday, so you'll have to return it!)

    I didn't see any weeds, where are they? I love the hanging whateveritis............I can see this being something spectacular in your garden. I hear you on the behind stuff. Where is the time going??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about that kind of *behind*...just keep pluggin' on...that's what I say...LOVE the arbor below with the door from the family home...great idea!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. June I don't think you and I should ever shop together because we may end up in a knock-down drag-out fight. I would have brought home all that stuff to. I LOVE the tractor seat!!!
    your little grand daughters are so darn cute.
    I toured that cheese factory a few years ago and came home with lots and lots of curds. Yum!
    sending hugs your way...

    ReplyDelete