Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring has sprung a leak!

How is your Spring weather?  I've checked out a lot of my favorite blogs and I would say Mother Nature isn't ready for Spring. Here in my area the first day of Spring was wet, wet, wet!  Oh yes, throw in a little hail with thunder and Lightening.  I know some of you even got snow. 

I tried to capture one of our down pours.  If you look close you can see the rain coming down in buckets.  I know, I know it brings May flowers but let's not drown them first!

With Spring it is time for a few new additions.  I couldn't resit this year plus my girls are getting old.  I know you are suppose to recycle but mine have turned into pet so the old girls will just live out there days here.

Aren't they cute?  Yes, five new babies.


 They will live in a box in my garage until they are old enough to go out to the coop.  Love baby chicks!

Before the down pour hit I had to pick another small bouquet.
Too me daffodils are such a happy flower.  Hopefully I will get a couple more bouquets before they are all bloomed out.

Easter is fast approaching and I've been bad on getting out Easter decor this year. This is about it.
Sad I know!  Just a little basket of eggs with a little lamb and a bunny.  I'm not sure how a red rooster pitcher fits in but it will stay for now. I know I'm just not with it this year. 

But before I end this post I want to wish my grandson a Happy Birthday. I captured this as he was blowing out his one candle on his cupcakes.

Do you notice the hand over the mouth of his little sister.  Humm, do you think she was going to blow out the candle before he got a chance.  Little stinker for sure!

Enjoy your start to Spring,
June





5 comments:

  1. Siblings! :) That photo will be a treasure to them when they are adults.

    Yeah, the rain the rain the rain. Spent 3 days in CA and even had rain there. Your daffodils are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something I would have done as a little girl...how bout you June? So cute!
    Speaking of cute---I don't think there is anything cuter than baby chicks!!!! Every time I go to Ranchers (a farmstore in Picabo) I go to them and tell them how darling they are :)
    Yes, I do agree that daffodils are a happy flower. Their yellow just says spring to me!
    I think maybe I'm a little glad that spring is taking it's time coming because I have some new plans in the garden and no money and no go to get it done. LOL!
    sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello June, I do the same thing with my hens, I can't bring myself to make chicken soup as they are pets, too, so they live out their lives here also. The new chicks are so fuzzy and adorable! OH, you have daffodils already, how pretty. We have snow and more snow and yet, MORE snow, but I know it won't be here forever. In the meantime, I will enjoy your flowers. I have no Easter decor up at all, so you're way ahead of me. Love the picture of the grandchildren, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have daffodils already! And those little baby chicks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. June
    It really is Spring there with all your pretty flowers already. Lucky lady!
    I'm sure glad brother caught her before she blow out his candle. He would've
    missed his wish.

    ReplyDelete