So what do you do with unexpected time at home. I will admit the first week was mainly spent at home. I did a little cleaning of spare rooms but mainly I sat. Yep, I sat in my recliner with remote in hand. I watched some day time TV. I've worked full time for majority of the last 46 years. I've had vacations and usually have planned activities with that time off. This is the first unplanned time off with nothing, I mean nothing planned. I found I like watching Ellen. She is pretty funny.
Well after sitting around for a week I went to Vegas!! Now I'm not a Vegas fan since I don't gamble, but a 50th birthday girls weekend sounded fun!
Our birthday gal is in the middle and the limo was a surprise. Let's just say if you have seven women together all wearing tiaras you get lots of smiles.
Believe it or not???? It is water we are passing out in the limo!
These gals are all friends I have met through our Vintage Women with Trailers camping group. I've spent the summer in our trailers camping in various locations through out our state. With the weather turning to Winter almost bypassing Fall we are scheduling some fun outing til we can pull our trailers out again late Spring.
This is the first time I've been to old town Vegas, Fremont Street. I like it better then the strip! We stayed at the Golden Nugget. I guess it has totally been remodeled, it's really nice!
Every morning was started out by the pool catching some rays and doing a little swimming. Yep, 80 degrees! We ended every evening at the fire pit by the pool. Our pool had a shark tank with a slide though it. Some how I missed taking a picture of our fire pit gather. So it's an evening shot of the Shark Tank!
It was a fun trip with girlfriends. I ate too much, but sure didn't gamble too much. I think my cheeks are still hurting for laughing so much.
This time off made me realize that when I retire I best have a daily plan. Or I may just sit in my recliner with that remote in hand. I think Winter I need to snowbird to warmth and Summer plan of course will be working in my garden and Glamping!!!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!
Enjoy June
Happy work!! You and the girls have a good time no matter what!! I'm not a bit concerned about your keeping busy after retirement..It won't be long til you wonder when you had time to work..Happy Sunday..
ReplyDeleteWell now, that's a fun time off, and look at you girls go, drinking Water in the Limo! LOL Glamping sounds like the best idea ever, June. I'm glad you had some well-deserved fun after 46 years of working hard!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great time you had!! How lucky to have a paid lay-off!!
ReplyDeleteWell, June, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Thanks so much for your comments on my blog....I love your visits!!