It amazes me how fast Fall can pass me by! Here I was enjoying all the wonderful colors, warm days and cool nights. Then a week of down pour and it almost all gone! With the down pour came some wind and most of the trees are bare. I have a tree in the backyard that is hanging on to them tight!
Most of the flowers in the yard are done blooming. A few are hanging on for dear life.
Most look like this!
Remember I said most tree have lost their leaves. This means I have to get out and rake leaves!
Here is the craziest part of this blog!! I have time to rake leaves! You see I am on paid administrative leave. YES, I'm home! I always think when a person is on this they are being investigated or something like that. Nope, I'm good, but my boss is another thing. You see, she has shingles and thinks she needs to work. Well, I've never had chicken pox's and I guess she is highly contagious to me. So I am the one home until her blisters crust over. How long, don't know some say two weeks, some say 4 weeks. Anyone want to make a guess??
So instead of sitting here, I best get outside since it isn't raining!!
Enjoy June!
Hi June. This is the first time I've seen you blog. Hope you don't mind if I tag along. Saw that you follow Bee Haven Acres so I looked you up. I went back a ways and saw you camping trip...oh what fun!! I also love your new tin. We raise chickens so I can feel your excitement over it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for tagging along. I'm a big fan of Bee Haven Acres, I live my dream of a farm though her!
DeleteNow that's the kind of leave I would take my dear sister and run with it! Lucky you to have never had chicken pox (I think) because as I understand it, you wouldn't be at risk of getting shingles which is much worse for some people. My mom and my daughter have had them and suffered pretty miserably. Some people get them and they are mild and if I get them I sure hope that's the way of it for me. Two of my friends have had them this year and both got them on one side of their face and up into their hair.
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing that you still have a few blooms hanging in there. We had a really hard frost 2 nights ago and today everything is just brown. I now need to go out and put all the hoses away and lawnmower.
Thanks for you beautiful comment. It made my whole day and I feel the same way about the day we met. I always wanted another sister!!!!!
much love...
Well, bad luck for your boss, but yahoo for you!
ReplyDeleteI know you will enjoy every minute of your time off.
Seems like you got the luck of the draw. I'm glad that she realized that she was endangerng you. Actually she must be a good boss. I would imagine some would not care. Can you get the shot for chicken pox or for shingles. Shingles sound really painfyl. Enjoy your time off.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of such a thing!! Keep the sick one at work...??? There is a shingles vaccine...Some insurances pay for it..You should think about it...We had an inch of rain last night..We still have a lot of leaves on the trees..Enjoy your "leave" .I'm a big fan of BHA as well..She's family!!!
ReplyDeleteJune, things around here are damp and just plain yucky. Fall came and went so fast that I'm in denial, I still think we should have some nice days. Shingles, oh, dear. And chicken pox? OH DEAR. I caught chicken pox from my sons when I was 40 and I'd never been sicker. My doctor told me at the time if I hadn't had chicken pox before age 40, I was either immune or had a slight case which provided immunity. Yeah, right. Oh, I survived them, but it was truly a misery. I'm glad you're at home, safe and sound! LOL
ReplyDelete