Where do I start?? Do I write about one adventure or include several. The way I seem to be absent from blogging hasn't stopped me from stalking all of you! You are my morning coffee company.
Let's start with a quick trip to Texas. I wasn't going this year since I have a big trip coming up in September. But I was about to lose reward points so 10 days before flying off I booked a ticket. Carry on in hand because I really didn't need much with me. A swim suit, summer dress, jammies and of course clean underwear!! Yes, my mother taught me to always have clean underwear in case of a accident. I wonder to this day what kind of accident she meant, auto or laughter?? My usual trips to my friend's house involves a lot of pool time, a little eating out and shopping. And shopping I did!!
I was so excited when my friend wanted to go Waco, TX and see Magnolia Silos!! Yes, Chip & Joanna Gaines from the TV show Fixer Upper. I was not disappointed! OM Goodness did I enjoy myself. The day was the grand opening of their bakery, yum, yum!! Yes, it is a retail store selling Joanna's style decor and souvenirs. Plus a yard with family games, picnic tables, food trucks and swing, Oh My!! Plus a garden store and an actual growing garden. Here comes the problem with that carry on suitcase only. Not a lot of room to bring things home. But don't worry I did manage to squeeze a few things in!! Did I tell you I saw Chip, oh yes!! Driving down the back road in a golf cart and shouting at all of us being his crazy self.
Back home it's been a lot of camping. All of my grown kids and grand kids. All in one place for a whole weekend. We are a crazy bunch and have so much fun together. There could have been a very competitive Corn Hole game tournament! And even a family pic!
Best get this posted so another month doesn't go by with out posting.
Enjoy, June



I watch Chip and Joanna all the time..Fun couple..I wish they'd lose the "you guys" though..Looks like a fun trip..Glad you got away..Have a wonderful day..
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fantastic summer! I'm glad you had a nice trip!
ReplyDeleteYou are making the best of the summer sweet friend! I'm glad you were able to spend some time in Texas and that you got to go to the silos. My daughter was there not long ago and had lots of fun. You cracked me up with the 'underwear thing' I guess every mother was guilty of saying that back then.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to come by to thank you for your thoughts and your prayers. It has really been a rough four years with trying to figure out why Landon was doing so poorly. We are just so glad that it seems like he is finally our happy boy once again. He has good color and is gaining weight again. He is 30 in November, but more the size of a 12 year old.
I can't believe how time flies. This summer has just sped by. I bet it has for you as well!
Have a wonderful autumn my dear friend!
much love...
OK,,, so now I have put "Waco" on my Bucket list!!1 glad you had a fab time...(before your fab trip to Italy! ) lol!
ReplyDelete