Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Flowers & Garden

I am so happy that some of my flowers in my yard survive on there own. I do have a partial watering system with timers that has help them in our crazy June weather. I decided to take a few pics since I don't know if the next weather system will blow them away.  We have had 100 degree days, which is not normal for June.  Days with thunder, lighting, hail, down pour and sunshine all in one day. We've even had inches of snow up on the mountain. Yikes, summer is just 5 days away!

Both clematis's are outdoing themselves this year.  They really are a vibrant purple but look almost blue in the pictures.

I wanted a hanging flower in the arbor this year.  I found this plant and it was labeled red vine. It is starting to fill out and I have hopes it will cover part of the arbor.

A lavender clematis  making it's way up the old door arbor. It is new this year and doing really good.

Of course June is Roses here in the NW!!! Just a couple on my many plants blooming.

Now I wish I could say my vegetable garden is doing as well.  I have a problem!!  Actually 5 problems!  They have names but currently they have been renamed #%!$#^$&@%@!!

Two of the culprits!!

This is all that is left of my peas!  I don't think I will be eating fresh peas this year! I am in the process of building a wood picket fence around my garden boxes.  I've given up on chicken wire. There is always next year, right!

Enjoy, June

5 comments:

  1. June, the weather has been downright weird here, too. I was so uncomfortable weeding in the garden this morning, sweat pouring and after a thunderstorm blew through, I was wearing a winter coat tonight. Such is summer in Wisconsin. I love your clematis, so pretty! And I know how pesky chickens can be in the garden, mine are penned up from June 1 til after the first hard frost. Can't trust them, they'll dig out all the mulch, too. I love them, but they are definitely nicknamed #%#)#&% sometimes! Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous..Love the Clematis..The weather this year has been very strange..Everything is confused..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your five little problems June! I also love your beautiful clematis and roses! My clematis aren't blooming yet and it is great to see yours. I just love clematis! I think I say that about every flower, right? I see you have been doing some glamping already :))) you have so much fun in the summer and it makes me want to trade places with you for at least one of the camping trips!
    When you mentioned the Hulda Klager lilac gardens I just knew you would have to know about it too. I had been wanting to ask you about where it was for sure. I went there years ago when my mom and dad lived in Lincoln City and mom insisted that we go up and visit them. I have pictures of my little girls in the gardens and I still remember the wonderful time we had! Mom took me to so many lovely gardens while visiting the Pacific Northwest and any place she thought I would love. Such fun!
    much love to you sweet June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi June....like you I am a bit slow...thanks to Grammie time as well. I wouldn't trade it!!! I just love the arbor made from old doors!! How cool is that!! Your Clematis are breathtaking!! Enjoy your week!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweetie for your comment over at my place! I can only imagine that you are on another wild adventure without me :) I sure hope you're having some fun! I've been spending a little time up the creek working on my little shack in the woods. This winter we had another tree fall on it and since that's the second one that has hit it, we decided to move it out of the trees into a different area of the horse pasture. Then I decided the inside needed painting so today I went up and did that. Feels good to have fresh walls to pound nails into! When we go we take the camper up for Dale and Landon while I hang out in it all by myself and boy is that great! We have moose that stay in our property but I had never seen them, and today I got to see the young bull moose in the velvet. It was so cool! Dale calls him Bullwinkle and he sees him all the time, but I was beginning to think he had a little make believe friend. Now I'm a believer. It's weird that the horses are afraid of it. They just go about their munching like he's not even there.
    Oh listen to me...I could go on and on about nothing. So better get dinner ready!
    much love to you....

    ReplyDelete