We have had crazy snow here in the state. It shut Portland Metro down. I know you that live in snow country are laughing. I think driver common sense leaves their brain! One thing is we don't have the snow removal equipment, or should I say ice removal here. But then there is me! I love it and have a vehicle that does well in snow. So why cancel a girls weekend to the mountain, right?? Yes, a mountain pass, 4,800 elevation with about 4 to 6 feet of new snow. Our State Hwy Dept. keeps the pass roads maintain, but chains or snow tires were required. So off I go!!
I'm sharing a few pics from the weekend!
Our cabin we stayed in. It had everything we needed. It was a weekend of no TV, Internet or cell service - wonderful!!
I thought the icicles on the lodge was beautiful!
It was beautiful there!
We went for several walks. The snow was pure powder so we stay to the groomed trails! Since I'm short I think I would disappear.
Did I tell you the temperature stayed mainly in the teens. . It was 6 degrees when we departed Monday morning, but the sun was shinning and beautiful blue sky! Simply put, gorgeous!
June




It looks just beautiful . That's a lot of snow. Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. We haven't had any snow yet..Very unusual..none worth getting the camera out for anyway..I love it the next day when it is sunny and the sky is so blue..Thanks for sharing..
ReplyDeleteI am envious of your winter this year!! It seems we have flip-flopped winter weather with you. We have your rain!!! You have our snow!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like so much fun June! You are making me wonder if I need to get myself some new friends :) Mine would never think this was fun..but I guess it could be that we have that much snow right now around our own homes.
ReplyDeleteI'm always so happy to see you having a great time sweet friend!
much love...