I was headed to Denver this evening. My son had a business trip planned so I was tagging along. Yep, taking advantage of free lodging. I had plans to visit my cousin that I haven't seen for over 20 years. We've talked, texted, emailed and old fashion written letters over the years. But somehow our paths have never crossed. We have a family reunion every 2 years in Iowa but the years I make it she hasn't, you get the picture. I have an airline credit now, so I will try this again when my son has his next trip to Denver. I have almost a year to use my airline credit.
We've started off 2017 with good old fashion winter weather! The cause of these delays is a little snow but freezing rain on top of it causing a skating rink. I didn't get a lot of snow and the rain has already starting to melt, that is my house!
My son's house in Bend is another story. They have about 4 feet of snow and it is snowing again. One of my friend that lives in Central Oregon say she has no where to shovel anymore snow. She can't throw it high enough.
As for me, nope, I'm not complaining! Just a cancelled flight, but I warm and snuggle in my house! Everyone stay safe out there whatever part of our country you live in.
June
This winter is packing a wallop to so many people across the country! If you do get to travel....be safe!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you couldn't go this time..Hopefully the next time, it will be better weather..We have been lucky , so far but it's hitting a lot of areas pretty hard..Stay cozy..
ReplyDeleteJune, aww, I hope you get to go along next time! I love to tag along with my sons, it's such an honor and a lot of fun. I do hope you get to visit your cousin soon. Our Wisconsin weather is more confusing than usual, we're extremely cold at times and then the next day up in the 40's; it's all over the place. Our driveway is a treacherous sheet of bumpy ice, and I'm doing my best shuffling in an attempt to remain upright. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. You always warm my heart.
ReplyDelete