Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Better Late Then Never

I've been off to Texas again but can't seem to get a blog written.  I've been home for two weeks with great intentions but I'm the greatest procrastinator!

I like several have a bucket list of things to do and places to see.  So, I've crossed one item off that list! I've wanted to go to Antique Fair at Round Top, TX. Off the list but added wanting to go back to the list!!

Round Top is huge for a little town on 92 people.  I swear it was 20 miles long and also included the town of Warrenton. Simply put, way too many things to see for our two days there.  I think you need the whole week  plus! It was over whelming so I really didn't buy much but the experience was well worth it. One highlight was a visit to the Junk Gypsies store and grounds.I came home with a couple of T shirts, a bottle of Miranda Lambert wine, and of course the Junk Gypsy Book signed by Jolie plus a picture!

She was so nice and just wondering and visiting in their store.

After two full days looking at Junk we were off to Fredricksburg, TX.  Looking on the map and also using a GPS the quickest way was through Austin. Our decision was to avoid all that traffic. So off we went on the back roads.  I can now say I saw some pretty parts of TX.  And the blue bonnets were blooming!






Fredricksburg has turned into vineyard heaven.  Evey where we looked there was another vineyard and tasting room.  It is sure good business for tour buses. My favorite was Fat Ass Vineyard and Ranch!  Had to buy a shirt and a small tast.

Do you think it could be the name that caught my attention? With leaving town I spot a sign and made my friend turn around.  Have any of you heard of Magnolia Pearl??

A unique designer that caught my attention over 10 years ago.  I could not wear her style but have always found it so fun.  Maybe it is the wild child inside me!


Of course what would be a trip to TX be without stopping in Waco?

I so love the TV show Fixer Upper along with thousands others. We went on a Tuesday and it was a great day, the crowds were minimal.  Only had to wait in line for 5 minutes for a cupcake.  Almost unheard of!! A totally fun day at Magnolia Silo's!

What would TX be without a great steak and my favorite restaurant Mesquite Pit! Plus I found a new drink called Beerita!







 I think I had more booze this trip them I've had in 2 years.

I have to thank my friend Judy for a wonderful 2 weeks!! We did more sight seeing and laughing that needs to last me until my next trip.  I did miss our pool time but sure had fun!

Guess what I came home too?  Back home in Oregon they had an unusual wind store and my tree decided it wanted to come down.

It could have been a lot worse.  It only damaged the roof over the porch! As one friend said, I have more sunlight and less leaves to rake!! Oh so true!

Enjoy June





2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good trip and nice visit..Sorry about your tree but glad it wasn't any worse..Welcome back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, what a fun trip! I'm not a big fan of traveling but I sure do like to see other people's fun adventures. I've never been to Texas, but the scenery is awesome. I'm glad your tree didn't do too much more damage. Always good to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete