The returning from vacation is bitter sweet. Yes, I love sleeping in my own bed but I had such a relaxing time this year. It mainly was spent at the pool of a dear girlfriend. I truly needed some down time. You know that time with no worries and responsibilities. The main stress er was decided which restaurant we were eating at tonight. You see we stayed in the pool until about 5:30 everyday. 
Yep, this was the main activity I did for two and a half weeks. Thanks girlfriends for allowing me to take this picture of our fun. My friend lives in Granbury, TX so when we got a couple of days of rain showers it was off to shopping in Forth Worth area. Thanks goodness my suitcase wasn't full flying down. I got my workout lugging it back home.
During my time I made a side trip to So. Dakota and Iowa. Okay it's wasn't exactly a short trip but I attending a family reunion. What fun it was to visit with relatives I haven't seen in many years. It was 8 years ago that I was back there. Beside all the visiting and also traveling up to Minnesota I held my cousin to a promise.
I got my buggy ride. Oh what fun it is to clop along on the roads and see all the scenery at a slower pace. It turned out to be an absolute perfect evening. Not to warm or muggy which So. Dakota can get. Yes, he is my favorite cousin in the whole wide world!
Then it was back to Texas for more sun, pool and girlfriends. I moved from the coast of Oregon about 8 years ago and left behind some special friends. SusiQ(from the coast) and I travel to Texas as often as we can to visit a mutual friend who relocated to Texas. See what grand kids do to you! Our friend moved to TX to be closer to her daughter and grandchild. But her heart is still in Oregon. We ended our trip with dinner at our favorite place. Babe's Chicken House, yum, yum.
Enjoy June
Hey June! Well, Granbury is a neat place, isn't it! And your friend lives there? Well, I go through there alot to my daughter's college. Did some shopping there recently. Which Babe's did ya'll go to? We went to the one on Cedar Hill I think. Don't they have the best food! Sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing trip. And I'm glad you got your buggy ride - that sounds fun - you can imagine that you're way back in time! Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Looks and sounds like you had a terrific time. The buggy ride sounds like so much fun. Glad you are back safe and sound. Hugs
ReplyDeleteWell, welcome back home! What a wonderfully relaxing vacation for you. Just what everyone needs, relaxing in a pool, going shopping and out to eat. No worries and great memories. I agree with you about girlfriends; without mine, I'd be lost. Glad you're back!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect time!!!
ReplyDeleteHubbs and I are heading to the beach for the weekend. I cannot wait to get a way just for a couple of days....life at the farm has been so so busy this summer!!! Time to take a deep breath and relax.
Have a great weekend,
Bev
I can so relate! I LOVE summer days in the pool & I live in MN & have some Amish friends who have taken us on buggy rides too! It was a fun post to read on my first visit! Hope you have a great weekend with your family!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home and it's a beautiful day today in Oregon. Hubby is closer to your neck of the woods today in a training meeting in Salem. What a wonderful trip for you and what great friends to visit!
ReplyDeleteI took the liberty of adding your blog to my list of Oregon bloggers on my sidebar...hope that's ok. If not just let me know and I'll remove it.
I think it's borderline mean to post a pool photo to tease us here at home, lol.
It sounds like you had a wonderful time Junebug. Ah to have a long break would be a dream come true. I really get homesick though, so a long break to me would last about a week.hehe
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you got to enjoy that buggy ride.
That sounds like my kindda fun!
hugs
So Glad to see you had your ME time. We all need it now and then. Wish I was in the pool.lol Babes looks interesting. Never been to that area but now am interested. Glad your home safe and sound.
ReplyDelete