Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, August 29, 2010

100th POST

Wow, I can't believe it! When I started this blog I figured maybe twenty post, that would be good. Especially for one who is spelling challenge! But what did that 100 number do but made me a little frighten. It was like this is big and I should post something wonderful, meaningful and all that stuff. So what did I do, not post at all but thought. Then it hit me, this is my blog and I'm not that deep insightful person. I'm this crazy, spontaneous, sometimes not even thinking yo-yo with jitters. Yep, that's me flight from one project to another with so many unfinished ones. So I decided to post on a couple of projects in the works. Maybe it will give me a boost to keep going and finish.
I'm working on the quilt my sister and I are doing. I have all the fabric sewn to the white for the strips. Here is a little picture so you can get the idea of the retro prints for this quilt. I have to stay on task for I want all strips cut and the pyramids cut before I go on vacation. You see I am leaving for a 17 day vacation in less than a week, YIKESSSSSS!!!!


Now it is onto cutting the strip 5 1/2 and then using the pyramid cutter. I haven't cut one pyramid yet, chicken yep! Always best to measure twice and only cut once. Same as in carpentry!! The directions only show a picture so keep my figures cross I do it correctly!

Another project I am working on is I'm making flannel pillow cases for all seven grand kids. Shhhhh, I know Christmas presents already! The theme is frogs this year. I am going to embroider their names on the cuff or band what ever you want to call it. Now to tell on me, I have a wonder Brother Innovis 4000D and I've never used the embroidery feature. Yikes, I'm baddddddd!!!


I'm having one problem with the camo frogs. It's the band fabric. I don't know if I want to go with a more contrast like the brown check or the other. So I am hoping my followers can help me decide. Remember their will be green embroidered names on the band.

Or this one with the lighter golder band?



One of my friends, yes I do have a few! Well it was her birthday and I had her present all ready to go but then I thought it needed a little something extra. So I quick embroidered a tea towel. I couldn't find a VW bug transfer so I tried to draw one. Drawing, another talent I don't have. But oh well, it the thought that I made it - right. She has a lime green newer bug and her kitchen is lime green and orange so it should fit right in. Opps! I've since pressed it after looking at this picture.


And while I'm working away on projects sometimes I need to pay more attention as to whats around me. For I have a monkey in the tree!!! An adventurous one at that! No help needed to get down for I heard this " I can do it myself Grammie".
So the 100th post is finished and maybe the jitters will go away! The bouncing yo yo will not, too many years of practice!! Then I thought; on my, so many blogs do a give away and now how do I do that! Oh to be a amature blogger. I'll have to work on this for maybe the 101th! So until then have a wonderful time with what ever you are doing. I sure am!
Enjoy June

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I enjoy all your posts very much no matter what the subject is. I do hope that you will share pictures of the quilt and pillow cases when you have them finished. I love the material you are using for them all and would love to see the finished products. You will get them done, I know you will!! Enjoy your vacation. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the wonderful thing about blogging, there's room for individuality. I tend to jump from project to project, too...I say it helps me stay creative. I like the contrast of the plaid on the pillowcase, I think it just kind of pops. Your embroidered bug is adorable and I can't wait to see your finished quilt. Cute frog in the tree, too. Have a great time my friend, Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog away Girlfriend. Congratulations on the 100 th.It's Perfect what you do.. We have so much to do.. so little time.. and where the heck are you going for 17 days? Take plenty pictures.. I will miss your blooging til you return...Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little tree climbing monkey you have there June!!! I love little tree climbers and wish that mine were around more.
    What a project you have taken on with the cases and quilt. I want some of what you're on.LOL!
    Thank you June for such a lovely comment on my blog. It warmed my heart and made me smile.
    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please check out my new section on my sidebar titled Oregon Bloggers. I added you and the link goes back to your blog. I hope that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 100 posts! And thanks for stopping by. I hate that you are coming in after the sale. Going to Canton? I'm thinking the solid band will show the kids' names better. And how lucky are they? Texas is waiting on you with open arms and cool weather. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your 100th post!!! whooHoOoo!!!
    You sure had a cute monkey in your tree didn't you?! And guess what? This evening I was looking for 1930's and civil war reproduction fabrics at the main street cotton shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 100 posts! It's a big milestone! Congrats to you!

    Thanks for your visit - I've been so busy, I haven't had time to post OR visit all my blogs and friends! I thought things would slow down after school started back, but they've only gotten busier!

    I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!

    ReplyDelete