Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WHERE IS MY WORKER?

Where has my energy gone? I think it must still be on vacation. I have tried to kick start myself into getting some of my pending projects like sewing pillowcases and Aunt’s quilt, Fall cleanup in the yard, Garden cleanup like digging potatoes, putting away lawn and patio furniture and the list goes on. None of this is done and one of these fall days the weather will turn. I will get soaking wet in the rain doing all the outside chores because I waited until the last minute. You all should know by now I tend to operate on the last minute theory. Here again I’m wondering where that hunky garden boy – Man is? Do any of you know of one?

So this has got me to thinking of those entire dating site out there. Have any of you looked at them.

I had a dear friend sign herself up and she is married to send prospective candidates my way. She read all their profile and then emails me the one I should take a second look at. Here is the problem, as outgoing and chatty as I am, you put a single man (prospective candidate) in front of me and I totally freeze up. You would think by my age I would have all the moxy I need. Plus let me inform you dating at my age I don’t fine fun; how in the heck am I supposed to be on my best behavior and impress. Good grief Gertrude!!! So I am open for suggests, but until they come flooding in I am so totally happy by myself. You see there is something to say for that! Don’t have to answer to anyone, don’t have to cook and clean if I don’t want to, can take off and travel on a whim, and the toilet seat is always down!

But in case I do post a profile on me it would read something like this. What am I looking for? Some one who is willing to cook, clean, work in the yard and garden. Build my projects with a willing smile. Drop any projects to travel at a moments notice. Of course do your own laundry! Then it would continue on that you must own your own "nice" home with acreage and allow me to redecorate. Also be financially secure and want to share it. Above all not want too much on my time, in other words, Don't smother! Really how many takers do you think I would get.

Especially if I posted this picture!


Do you think I look my age? Well they say everyone posts current pictures!

I've enjoyed a few laughs at myself as I am writing this and I hope you have too! So now onto finding my own energy and not relying on others.
Enjoy June

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post...so funny!! Sounds to me like you are doing quite well without a full time man hanging around...just find you a gardener, that should do it. LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, June, that was hilarious! My dear friend who has been single for a few years says she's not all that keen on getting a new man in her life either; on the one hand it would be great but on the other hand, who needs smothering? Or a guy with a pink innertube and a floral shirt? Do your own laundry, buddy!

    Thanks for the laughs. And my, you look so good for your age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny and I think you just need to be yourself - whatever that happens to be on whatever the day brings.

    My sister in law that I just adore (brother's ex wife - I know, but it wasn't my choice that they get divorced) met a guy ONLINE, Yeah, online at a Christian dating website and you know what...they've been happily married for about 8 years now. Yeah, online!!!!! She said that they got to know each other so well communicating in writing, and they waited a long time to actually meet, that they really were a good match. I'm sorry my brother (fill in the blank) but I'm so happy my SIL is happy with her ONLINE husband!!

    I think you get that I was hinting to give it a try and I know I'm getting really bossy in my old age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog...My online profile would read like yours only I would want them to send a picture so I can be sure they look strong enough for all the "honey do's" that I have lined up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You funny, funny girl! If you get someone with that profile, let me know...cause I may have to trade mine in for one like that.
    How are you coming on the clean-up? I did get a little time in today. Oh, there is so much to do.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete