Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Flowers

WE finally have got some sunshine it not only brighten my spirits but it has brighten my blooms. I finally have some flowers popping and it sure give me a lift. So here is just a few and sorry no touch up since I don't have a fancy photo program

I love poppies but only have these red ones. I tried starting some from seed in the green house with no luck. I think I need to drive around and find some in a neighboring yard and look sad so they give me a start.


Do you think some one would take pity on me?

This is the first year my clematis has out done itself. They are so big and really pretty in person.



I have a few Rhodies in my yard and they have been really slow to bloom this year. The bike planter was a gift from sister and I think it has finally found a home. I like the looks against the picket fence. But must move play set in background for next photo shoot
LOL
Oh yes, the peonies are starting to bloom. The dark red are always the first with the pink and then white to follow.


I love Irises! Even though they are short lived I enjoy their frilly petals.


I have several varieties and they are just starting, again late because of our cold wet spring.

Here's hoping your day is brighten with flowers and sunshine,

Enjoy June

7 comments:

  1. So pretty....funny how your poppies are blooming and I have already collected the seed from mine this year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Clematis is beautiful and I love your iris pretty, pretty, pretty!

    Happy Friday hope you and yours have a beautiful weekend.
    hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your photos are excellent... the clematis is particularly beautiful! You mentioned that starting poppies from seed didn't work out for you... if you're looking for annual varieties, they should start easily sown directly in the ground. I have found that orientals from seeds generally are a bit risky as many turn out to be orange rather than the colors advertised on the pkt. After many years of trying, I've finally discovered the "best" spot in my gardens for orientals... where they actually thrive. I do love them, but often they don't do well in our very rich soil. Have a great gardening day! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bike planter...I wonder where I could find one like it. Beautiful Flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. June, the poppies are so pretty, I need to plant some here in my very sandy soil. I have a friend who has one like yours and I'm going to beg for some seeds. You don't need to touch up your photos, they are beautiful. That clematis is traffic-stopping, what a beauty. And thank you so much for your comment about my MD situation. I really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We call my grandgirl June Bug. She shares my middle name, so it ALWAYS make me smile when she calles herself 'June'. Don't move the swingset, just take the picture from the ground looking up, you can cut out ALL kinds of stuff that way. Pretty planter:). Very pretty blooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I love the flowers too.. canhardly wait for the iris to bloom in back yard.. due to cold wet unseasonable weather we are behind you about 2 -3 weeks.. Your yard look fabulous!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete