Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GOOD BYE TREES



My big pine trees are history. That darn pine beetle got them. One is totally dead, one is on it's way and the others all show signs of it. So it was decided that all six would be cut down.



Some positive thing to think of is no more pine cones or needles to rack. A lot more sun for my garden. But boy do I feel naked!!!!!! Really exposed with no trees for privacy.



Even the purple plum is getting a hair cut. Can you see how tall the pines are in the back ground? So another positive is I get to go tree shopping. I have a whole list of trees the arborist gave me to look for that I've never heard of. He is hard at work taking down the line of trees. It was really interest to listen to him talk as he got excited about telling trees to look at. He has been in this business for 35 years and still loves his work.








They are gone!! Bare naked!! Only a little firewood to cut up. Sigh, deep breath and now onto the new adventure of replacing!


Enjoy your day,



June

2 comments:

  1. Oh we have a big tree to cut down and I cringe at the price of the 'cutting.' so necessary but our budget is so small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, June, this has really been the year of tree issues for you!!
    Have a lovely week!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete