Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, September 12, 2011

THE GOOD AND THE BAD




Well it is time I came back to reality. I had a wonderful 2 week vacation of pool, shopping and eating. Now it's that dreaded time to go back to work, plus my garden needs me.


First it is the bad, ugh!


Yes, these darn weeds grew like crazy! So now I do have my work cut out for me.


But there was some good!




My tomatoes finally started producing. They aren't very big this year but ohhhhhhhhh the flavor is wonderful.


I came home to orange pumpkins. I only had two plants but I must have at least six pumpkins growing and oh I love the color in the garden.



My girls were happy to see me. As I was walking in the garden area they kept following me around. Do you think they missed me?



So with the garden producing I had to do a little canning. I know I will get more pints as they continue to ripening.


I guess it is good to be home but will someone start pulling weeds for me!!!

Enjoy June

6 comments:

  1. Tell you what, June, I'll come pull your weeds if you'll come clean out my closets! haha!
    Glad you had a break and fall is almost here! I'm ready! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeds are always a problem huh? Your Tomatoes look great all preserved. and the Pumpkins Wow, they will make nice jack-o-lanterns for the kids.. I canned 5 pints of dilly beans this morning.. My tomatoes are not ready yet * (well a few are & I have been eating them),. Delicious Heirlooms! and I agree The garden is pretty in fall.. I have 8 spaghetti squash ripening too.. Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, welcome back! The weeds look kind of neat growing in the patio, actually. Just tell folks you planted them there on purpose. Your tomatoes look so good; I started canning this past weekend and got eleven quarts of juice but need a whole lot more than that. Looks like you will jack-o-lanterns for Halloween, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June, You asked if my chicks were going to the festival..You betcha ( 5 of us ) Looking forward to it..Hope the weather stays nice & we dont freeze out Butts sleeping in tents!
    Should be fun though. Are you going?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. They most definitely had to miss you crazy girl! What's not to miss????
    I think it's hilarious that we both are named June, we both have little white poodles, we both love to garden, etc.... Yes, for sure we must be twins!
    My weeds have grown so much too these past two weeks...I better get my rear in gear.
    love from here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. June, that sounds great - you come to Texas and we'll do Canton or see what else we can get into. I've got a couple of blog friends here, Debbie @ Wisdom, and Tara @ New Day New Seasons, and we've been getting together and having a hilarious time. I think you'll fit right in!

    ReplyDelete