We make it to this little town of Paulina, OR all of three blocks of it! So we continue looking for the road. Well, after driving 15 miles out of the little town I tell her we have passed it. She still is convinced it is farther out. Well I see the mileage markers have change to a different county. So I pull off to look at the map myself. I get my handy dandy tape measure out, doesn't ever one have one in their purse! I use the scale on the map and inform her the road is only 5 miles out of town!!! So, turning around now that I'm 26 miles out we head back. Sure enough, 5 miles out of town is the road. Yeah!! I had also calculated with my handy dandy tape that her road to the subdivision was only a mile away. With arriving this is what we found!
The road, that is if you want to call it that lead to more sage brush. Apparently the neighboring owner decided it was to costly to bring electricity over a mile, dig a well and septic. Believe it or not there was a really run down trailer sitting clear out there. Let's just say this person was not visiting, Deliverance comes to mind also rattle snakes!!!!
It was a fun trip but I think it will be at least another 37 years before any civilization comes to this part of the state. Now for you that don't know Oregon, it has many diverse geographic. From coastal waters, rich fertile valleys, glorious mountain ranges and of course the desert lands with sage brush! I conclude my road trip with this thought, I"M NOT MOVING THERE!
Now on another note, Fall is her and with that comes baking. I have been in this crazy baking mood so last night I whipped up one large loaf of banana bread and three smaller loaves of banana, zucchini, chocolate chip bread. Now the BIG problem, who is going to eat all this - it is just me at home!!!!
That must be near eastern Oregon? I was born in Baker and our family had 'family' land out in the boonies like that also.
ReplyDeleteSagebrush and desert type atmosphere. Yep.
But I do love Oregon and will never leave.
Now that is the boonies. I have always wanted to visit there though.
ReplyDeleteI love your new look and that pink bike is awesome.
I bet someone would gladly take some of that bread off your hands.
ReplyDeleteAnd I had no idea Oregon had any deserts or sagebrush. It's amazing how blogging is making me so much smarter!