Besides being a busy weekend I found a few cute ideas to do with some of my vintage finds. You see I went to the rest room of this restaurant and found these on the walls. So I had to come back for my camera. I really did check to make sure no one was in there with me. You know I could have been labeled a kook. I can see the headlines, Women arrested for camera in a restroom etc!

Now isn't this a cute idea to display old doilies and pot holders. I have so many that my Grandmother and Mom made. This was a basket tray they hot clued them to.

I will have to keep an eye out for broken handles to make a shelf like this. Some people are so creative.

I love this idea of the hooks and hanging some of my old shifters. Now only it I had all this wall space to do this.
The fun part of the weekend was granddaughter's birthday. She had a little Luau party in her backyard with family and friends.

Here is her little sidekick, isn't she precious? I think Ashley is pleased with bag.

Let's blow out all nine candles! How did she get this old? Time sure flies!
Grammie ended up watching all eight kids while the adults went out for dinner. It was a very early evening for them because they wanted to be home by 7pm to watch the U of O Duck game. But while they were gone it was makeup and raiding Aunt Lisa's shoes, heels to be exact.

Where do they learn this posing, I guess they watch TV. The higher the heel the better, even though you can't see them. You don't see the boys for they had serious game of football going.
It was a great weekend but this Grammie was tired last night. I think with Fall it makes me want to grab that blanket and snuggle in. Yawn!
Enjoy June
I hope they brought you back a doggie bag. We always end up being the babysitters as well. Love the high heel pictures. Rest.....
ReplyDeleteOh your little grands are so darn cute June! Being a gram is the best thing I ever did. hehe Looks like the best party for the birthday girl. I bet you were a star with your kids for babysitting while they went out.
ReplyDeleteI loved your road trip in your previous post. For a minute I thought you had to be in southern Idaho.
Sagebrush as far as the eye can see too.
big hugs to you my friend...
Three cheers for Gramma! Don't ya just love it.. The girls look like they had a ball. Cute decorating ideas too.
ReplyDeleteI must get busy and start the "fall routine here" Garden is almost finished, tomatoes, potatoes and squash is all thats left to harvest.. the days are turning cooler but we want to go camping once more before it turns really cold.
June, I'm behind on reading posts and was just giggling reading about your adventure looking for land. You have your own tape measure, too? Are we twins, or what?? And then you're taking pictures in the rest room, oh, my, we're both going to 'Go Away' for awhile, aren't we? Love the pictures of the grandchildren, what fun!
ReplyDelete