Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, January 13, 2013

FAVORITES

The holidays are over and it is now onto resolutions, putting our homes back in order or possibly starting new projects while we wait for Spring.  I wanted to share with you my favorite Christmas presents.  Santa was really good to me this year so maybe that means I've turned over a new leaf and was a good girl this past year. I always say there is hope for me!! 

So here is my favorite gift of this year, drum roll please!!!

Isn't this the cutest little sewing machine and it works, well that is if you hand crank it.  I think I've started my second childhood.   I love, love, love it.

It came in it's original little case with all the instructional books.  So dang cute, right?

The added bonus is it all came in the original box.  Its cost was $14.95 and was manufactured in the late fifties and early sixties.  Now does my sister know me or what?

My second favorite was my red truck, yes I have a love affair with old pickup trucks.  I so want a 49 or 50 Chevy step side.  So I guess this is the next best thing!
It's a little hard to see details but I'm in love with it. My daughter also knows me!  I wanted it to sit in front of my little fake wood stove so I decided it needed a little rug.  So out came some yarn and I crocheted this little one.

 I have taken down my Christmas tree but I didn't want to put away all my little vintage trailers.  So I lined them up on the little shelf and now I have this little display in one place of all my favorite things.

So when the gray days of winter start to get to me I just look at my little cozy wall and I feel all cheerful and cozy as I look at garden magazine planning for Spring.  Oh did someone say I can't sit all winter and dream, yes I know - get up and do something creative!!!!

Enjoy June




6 comments:

  1. That little sewing machine is too cute June! As is your little wood stove and truck and rug that you did. I can't believe you just sitting around though. You are one of the busiest people I know :)
    The fabric I am sewing up into curtains is going in the master bath. I am in love with them. I just have to hem them and hang them and I will be shutting all those peeping toms up. hahaha I really did have curtains up before too, so no peeping toms here...at least not in the bathroom!
    much love from here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello June, So good to drop in for a visit! It's already almost 1AM (I need to get to bed) but I have to comment. You know me, never short of words.

    I love the little sewing machine, where did she find that? And the little truck...my dad had a Chevy stepside farm truck in dark forest green when I was a little kid. I loved the running boards.

    I went back through your posts I've missed and enjoyed everything. Loved the lounge pants; all that sewing.......good thing you didn't have to hand-crank the machine! Sledding on the slopes and slippery roads and the color in your garden, so pretty. And the chicken, too, mine were out and about in the snow today and not too happy about it.

    How's the tendonitis coming along? Hope you're all better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What thoughtful gifts! I love the looks of the red truck but the nostalgia of the sewing machine is amazing also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute pickup truck...I want a real one too! We could do matchie matchie with our trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. June I love the truck too.... and your red fireplace..
    Starting new projects here too.. Christmas was great and 2013 will be a fabulous year I know..
    Thanks for being a faithful follower.. I have missed so much.. But back and charged!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I love your red truck! I'm on the lookout for one. I have a small one now and love to have things to search for when I thrift shop. Love the sweet sewing machine, too! We love so many of the same things!

    ReplyDelete