It's about a week into the new year and I need a kick start. Problem is, I don't know what to get started with. I have managed to get all my Christmas explosion put away until next year. One thing I told myself was to simplify your decorations. Did I? NO! I may have taken two decorations to Goodwill. Two, yes that is all. What is this parting syndrome I have?
So now I would like to turn my attention to my yard and garden. But I live in Oregon folks. No gardening yet, don't even think of it. But I went outside this weekend and did a little puttering. It wasn't raining, yippee! I took my poor dilapidated camera with me. I thought I would try and find some color besides gray and mud. I look high and low and this is all I found.
I found some really sad pincushion flowers. I asked then what they thought they were doing blooming in January. Needless to say they didn't answer except looked a little sadder.
Then I came upon Mr. Bear ashing the same thing of this little yellow flower. I don't thing he got a response either.
So I asked Henrietta if she has seen any color in the garden. She told me the only thing she has found is a little moss and a lot of mud. Cluck, cluck!!
So I resorted to looking high since the low wasn't producing any color.
Not much luck looking up either. Sad but this is all that is left of my favorite rose bush. But nope, can't trim until President's Day. Then I will be out in the rose garden with my loppers cutting away! I've found a good haircut for my rose bushes provide wonderful blooms come June.
I've come to the conclusion with these gray days and rainy days that any color is taking cover. It simply is too early and winter is her to stay.
So in conclusion gray and I don't get along. I like sunshine, bright and cheery. So do you have a good plan for kicking it in gear and getting something accomplish, anything?????
Enjoy June





At least you can see the ground...we have at least a foot of snow. Some did melt last night...fine by me!
ReplyDeleteYou and me both! I'm fine with gray if it comes then goes but when it just goes on foreeeevvvvaaaaa. Well, then it's a sanity issue with me. When you need sun think Bend. That's what I do. A nice drive, a nice lunch, soak up some great sun and all is good - for awhile.
ReplyDeleteWell, June....that's still a heck of a lot more color than we have here in these parts!! Have a great day, my friend!!
ReplyDeleteKind of in the same spot you are. With the weather the way it is and the cold being so cold there isn't really anything to be done outside. I have somethings to tackle inside that I have made slow progess with but that is all. I love the hen though. Hen envy over here.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead