I've been in the mood to do some little projects. I have some friends that are foster parents to critical babies. They have all kinds of special training to handle our very fragile little one. Just about 2 years ago they got Izzy who was born at just over 1 pound. Add to being premature, she also was a drug and alcohol baby. Now this isn't where I was going with this post, but over the past two year I have watched the development of this sweet little girl. One who we never thought would walk is now running and loves playing house. So now back to projects. She received the cutest kitchen for her 2nd birthday along with a cute little denim and pink John Deere apron. This got me to thinking! She needed a couple of pot holders, dish rag and hand towel to go with her kitchen so she could really play house.
My sister had some of that John Deere fabric scraps so it was just enough to make the pot holder and put a little trim on the towel. I had a little left over yarn from the big dish rags I make to whip up a child size.
I'm trying to come up with a cute way to wrap this little gift up beside a plain ole boring box. I will have to put my thinking cap on.
I keep seeing on several sites gals knitting boot cuffs. So the brain kick in and I decided to try making me a pair. They really didn't take that long to make since it was bulky yarn and large needles. But trying to get a picture was another thing. Have you ever tried to take a picture of your boots while you are wearing them? I've come to the conclusion my arms are to short!!! So here is the best I could do!
It was a quick pic before they fell over. Yes, I could have gone and got something to put in them but all I wanted was one little picture. Okay two!
The pattern I found online said to make them 5 inches long. I think the next pair I will make a little longer. I have cream colored yarn and I'm thinking they would look really cute with wood buttons.
Well this is just a couple of my little projects I've been working on to keep me out of trouble!
Enjoy June
..so darn cute..both projects.... I am feeling a project or two. Could be nice during these dreary cold days.
ReplyDeleteHave fun.
Cheryl
Good for you! I can't seem to get motivated to start much of anything. The kitchen set is adorable.
ReplyDeleteCute boot tops.
Very cute. That little girl will love her special gifts.
ReplyDeleteI love your boot cuffs....so talented you are!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for the little girl's kitchen set. I have a lot of leftover scraps of John Deere fabric here, too, since I make shirts for my fatherinlaw. Great idea to make potholders, now I know what to make for next Christmas.
ReplyDeleteThose boot tops are fantastic, and what do ya mean you can't take a picture of your boots while you're wearing 'em? (I had a good giggle thinking how a person actually could bend over with a camera and get a decent shot, lol...I know I couldn't!)
Have a great weekend, June!
Those leg warmers are adorable!!! What fun you've been having this winter....:)
ReplyDeleteSo cute June! Can you believe I never wear dress boots. In fact I just bought my first pair this winter and have only worn them once.
ReplyDeletehahahaha about you being taller! Nice try : ) I imagine we are probably the same height. I'm 5'2". But I really do think you are June #1!
I hope it's warmed up for you up there. It has been a pretty frigid winter here, but thank goodness for a nice warm wood stove to stand in front of and singe my buttocks from time to time.
sending much love...
These little kitchen addition are adorable. The little girl you speak of sounds like she is just the cutest little thing. What a lucky little gal. I love the pink JD fabric you used. And the boot cuffs are really cute too. I like the idea of the cream with buttons. Little projects are so much fun to do.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
Hello from a new reader and follower. I enjoyed finding your blog and reading your posts. I'm a former camper and have a love of the little trailers too. So cute. Nice projects in your photos. :)
ReplyDelete