Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

To all my family, friends and my wonderful blog friends I wish you a sweet day and a wonderful day each and every day of the year!

 This little vintage Valentine reminds me so much of my Mom.  She darned my Dad sock for as long as I can remember.  I still have her darning needles and thread in my collection and chuckle every time I look at them.  We are such a throw away nation that I wonder if anyone still repairs(darns) sock anymore. I always wondered if my Dad felt that patch on the heal??

Enjoy your day and treat your sweetie today and most of all treat then sweet everyday! My sweeties are those seven sweet grandchildren!!!

Enjoy June

4 comments:

  1. WOW...did we have the same mom too? My mom did the same thing. I have never mastered the art of darning, because I really think it is an art.
    I'm sending you much love for the day sweet June!
    If I haven't already told you this---I LOVE that photo of you on your profile! What a beautiful girl!!!!
    much love from me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my My mom doing lots of mending.. and her mom too..My grandma would take some of moms home when she came to visit and return with all finished items.. I must say I am NOT that good at mending either. I sew buttons back on and restitch a hem or seam..that's it...
    Happy Valentines to you too... and your 7 grand kids have one sweet Gram ma!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did this with a pair of my sons socks. Yes I darned. I also am constantly mending something or another. Everytime I get the pile finished there is always something to come and fill the empty space. I can't throw out perfectly good items just because of a whole that can be easily fixed.
    Happy Valentines Day to you to June. Hope you had a wonderful day.

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my grandma darning socks but never my mom and for sure not me. I have trouble sewing a button on straight. Love the new look of your blog!!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete