If you have followed my blog any you will know I have a big problems saying no. Anyone can ask me for help of any kind and the first words out of my mouth are sure, no problem, I'll be glad to help. It doesn't matter if I already have commitments, I figure I can always fit something extra end. Does this mean I tend to over book myself, of course!
Well then let me introduce you to my latest problem of not say no!
This is Jackson! He is a member of the Last Chance Club. Now you ask what is the Last Chance Club? I think you can guess, but it mean that the Humane Society has deemed him not adoptable. You see he is a ten year old dog and they say the chances of him finding a new forever home are very slim. He is such a good boy, very lovable and playful. His owner was a 90 year old man that passed away and the extended family didn't want him. With living with an elderly gentleman he didn't get a lot of exercise and I think he got lots and lots of treats. This little guy should weigh about 12 pounds and his current weight is 24!!! Can you say chubby!!! So he is working on taking walks with Jazi and I, plus only two meals a day. Okay a couple of treats also. This isn't boot camp!!! But no table scraps.
Now you ask how Jazi is accepting him. She is doing pretty good, mainly ignoring him like all dogs that come to visit.
Well, maybe she is saying What is this thing doing on my sofa? They each take a corner and do leave a little room for me to sit between them. You may notice the spot on his back. He had a wart removed so they shaved a spot. We are hoping the hair grows back fast. One other thing his previous owner couldn't remember his name so he called him peaches. So we are also working on him recognizing his name of Jackson!
So for now Jackson is settling in. Gosh, I should have my head examined!!!
Sucker June!!


Oh, June, I feel your pain! I was a "can't say no" person for many, many years and it's a hard habit to break... not saying no nearly broke me so I HAD to learn to say no and figure out how to take care of me. It wasn't an easy task, let me tell you!
ReplyDeleteHow nice and kind of you to take Jackson and give him the love and care he deserves for his remaining days. I wish you and Jackson and Jazi many happy days/months/years ahead!
Oh, June, the same thing happened to me with Pudding, my little going on 13 year old Shih Tzu. I didn't want another dog, truly I didn't, but when I heard I was her last chance, of course, I said yes. Little did I know this nine year old dog wasn't potty trained (oh, that was fun!) and wouldn't sleep through the night any better than a puppy for almost three months. There were times I really cussed myself out for not saying no, but it turns out, she is the most loyal dog I've ever owned. Teddy got used to her after awhile and now they are inseparable.
ReplyDeleteJackson looks like a sweetheart and in the photo of the two of them together I had to laugh, she does look exactly like she's saying, "What is this thing doing on my sofa?"
So good of you to give him a home...Now I know there's hope out there if something happens to me..Can I give them your name??? You did a really good thing..
ReplyDeleteMissy, just come on over!! I can always make room!!!
DeleteYes, you should have your head examined...sorry, I couldn't help it. I have often wanted to get Dash a buddy but didn't think he would be accepted...looks like things are going well. I was told Bichons should only eat once a day...well, can you imagine, Dash gets lots,well strike that....some 'cookies' throughout the day. He weights about 17 lbs.
ReplyDeleteI have trouble saying 'no' as well. So glad you didn't this time.
How adorable! I think you'll be glad you didn't say no! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWe are a like in so many ways... have a hard time saying no and we have six grandbabies!! Oh my I hear you, but the little Jckson so sweet...I think you have a huge heart! Blessing to you
ReplyDeletexox
Glad
June..Its people like you with loving soft hearts for dogs..That are needed for those "last chance" Dogs.. I know sometimes NO is hard to say.. and two dogs in your life will be a bit more work but the love they will receive will make them happy.. God Bless You!
ReplyDeleteJazz will get used to Jackson.. you wait and see... After all now he has somebody to dog talk too.. ( they do that you know?) But only when you are not listening!
Love ya Gurl fren!
Cheryl
Good for you June!
ReplyDeleteWe rescued a dog that was abused once
and he was such a blessing to us. I'm sure
Jackson and Jazz will become fast friends in time!
You're a Sweetheart!
What a lucky little fellow.I have a few rescues myself but have had to start saying. Had 3 dogs-now down to 2. Have 4 cats. If I could and had lots of room and never ending supply of money I would take them all.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead