Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Saturday, April 13, 2013

SURPRISE ON ME!

Do you remember my last blog?  The one I told you about how I acquired a ROOSTER.  Also do you remember how many times I said he wasn't staying even if he was pretty cute!

Well, I am eating my words and also I need a lesson in telling something.  Maybe I flunked health class way back in school.  For you see he is a SHE!!!!!!!!  You heard me!!  Go ahead and laugh!


See those great big white eggs?  My girls only lay the brown ones.  I was shocked to find them in the nesting box.  I really thought someone was playing a joke on me and sneaking store bought x large eggs in.  How could that little white chicken lay such big eggs.  She is giving me an egg a day.  So I am eating my words and she is staying. 

I have search the neighborhood over for her rightful owner but no one has claimed HER!  Now what to name her, got any suggestion?  I had thought about Lucky but that isn't a pretty girls name. Even though I'm beginning to think she may have ran away from someones dinner plan.

Oh the life of a hobby chicken farmer!!

Enjoy June

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha!! So what did you name him?? *wink*
    I met you last year at Farm Chicks. We camped next door to each other. I had the 2 dogs. And I confess that I've been lurking on your blog ever since!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have sworn she was a he too June! I thought because of the comb size she had to be a rooster. So I guess we are both wrong...you are so right...we are really, really alike!!!!!
    sending big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always call her Lucy (just drop the k)! Love those gigantic eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's her name, and look at the red top(crown) Lucille Ball the second, plus one lucky hen!

      Delete