Some days you never know what the day will hold. It started Thursday evening. I walked a friend out to her care and she said "one of your chickens are out"! I looked in my front yard and sure enough there was a chicken, more like a ROOSTER!!! Now to make this perfectly clear I don't have a rooster. He seem very, very friendly even wanting in the front door. I tired to catch him thinking he belong to my neighbor behind me. He wanted nothing to do with it so I told him he was on his own.
Now come Friday evening my doorbell rings and my neighbor across the street tells me one of my chickens were out so I put him back into your back yard. Oh No!!! I calmly ask him if the chicken was white. Yes! he says. I politely thanked him but told him "HE" wasn't mine. He apologized and I said no problem, yeah right. A ROOSTER!!!
So out to the hen house I go to see if I truly have a rooster. There he was all snuggled down with the girls. Being the softy I am I told him he could have a sleepover but we were finding his owner the next day. So on Saturday it was paying my neighbors a visit. Oh no, they weren't missing a rooster but suggested I check with the other neighbor since they also have chickens now. After a check with them and visiting their chickens it was discovered they weren't missing a rooster either. Now what?
Sooooooooooo! Until I can find the rightful owner he is enjoying his new back yard, mine.
Mark my words, "He is not staying"!!! I do not want a pesky rooster harassing my girls!
He is kind of cute but no, no roosters. I have babies in the garage that are getting close to moving out to the coop. He will need to be gone by them.
So let's hope today I find his owner for I'm posting a poster with his picture on it at our Post Office bulletin board. There is the part of me that thinks maybe he ran away for he knew he was doom for chicken stew. No, he is not staying!! Do I keep repeating this to reinforce this since I have a huge problem of saying NO.
Enjoy June
Too funny, maybe someone dropped him off, like some do with unwanted cats! Yikes! He is a Leghorn and a nice looking one. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI can see that poster and how many laughs will come from it. I like how he snuggled in with the girls. Too bad you can't nueter him, hah. HE is cute strutting around. Don't you need an alarm clock.
ReplyDelete