Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Goofing Off & Sewing Marathon!

What a great weekend I had!  It is always so much fun when my sister and bil come to town. They have several grandsons that play on various football teams from little league, high school and college.  This past weekend saw them Friday night for high school ball with a injury to their grandson and an emergency room trip.  They finally arrived at my house about 12:45am!!  Of course we had to stay up and visit for awhile.  Saturday was college football day and I went with them to watch the Boxers of Pacific University.  Oldest grandson play for them and is doing very well.  Okay, I'll brag a little - He got player of the week and got national recognition!
Yes, he is number 8, a picture of him running after a great interception.

I was very thankful I put a roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots and all the fixing.  It was great to come home to a wonderful smelling house and a delicious dinner since we were all tired form our late night.  Jeez!  I'm not as young as I think I am!!  Bed was calling early!

I'm so proud that I remembered to turn my clocks back!  We were off early to Portland for the Food & Gift Festival at the convention center.  I met up with three of my high school classmates.  Yes, friends for a long, long time!!!  We enjoy all the booths but we were calling it the wine and jewelry show.   We did get one picture taken.
See I told you in my mind I still think I'm young and can sit on Santa's lap!!  I love the memories we four have created over time.

Them it was on to the sewing marathon when we got home.  You see we played a little too long!  We were suppose to be sewing a gift for a very special little girl.  So at 4pm we started and called it quites at 2:30 am.  Yes, another late night.  We are pleased how it turned out even though it is not finished.
It's a little saggy, needs curtain tie back and some finishing touches.  You make this storage box that hold the cottage and it is used to put on the card table to hold the roof up.  Still to be made. We just stacked a couple sofa pillow up so we could get picture.  Remember this is 2:30am!!!

One side again pretty saggy!

It was fun to make but, WOW, what a lot of details! I almost wanted to crawl inside and go to sleep.  But I did make it to my bed and bounce right up Monday morning for work!!

Oh what projects we don't get ourselves into, but what fun we have!!!

Enjoy June








2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of teenage slumber parties!
    Your never too old for fun...
    The tent turned out so cute, June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, I had a blast reading the posts I've missed. Your trips with the girls from school look like so much fun. And look at that cool tent, what a neat idea. I love fall leaves too, except for picking them up (which I let the wind take care ol) I had my mammoslam (nothing wrong there, except for saggage, lol.)

    But what really made me smile was your orange crockpot. I have one just like it! It was a wedding gift to us in 1978.....I wonder if the person who gave it to us had it since the sixties? LOL It works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete