Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Tuesday, October 29, 2013

LEAVES

Remember last post, the colors? Oh I love that tree when it turns gold, orange and then rusty red.  I love the Fall colors. I also love Fall weather, cool or shall I say cold mornings warming up to beautiful sunny days. It gave me a chance to rake all the leave and add them to my garden and flower beds for winter.   Then the wind comes up, blustery Fall winds. I know we need a little wind to blow the leaves off the trees, but do they all have to leave all at once.

Yes, this is the same tree about a week later.  All the pretty colors are gone!  So do you know what is on the ground again?  I had every single leaf raked up and then the wind.
I get to start all over again.  This time the leaves are a little darker in color.  Maybe I'll make a big pile and run through it like I'm a kid again!

I'm lucky for my tree in my backyard is still gorgeous!  So I'm enjoying the Fall colors.


My sister took this picture while she was visiting.  So doing what sisters do, I stole it!!  It's my tree and weather vane after all, LOL!!

I hope in your neck of the woods you are enjoying the Fall colors!!!

Enjoy June

 

2 comments:

  1. That's what happened here this morning too June. SO my leaves are pretty much gone too. Luckily the ones up Fishcreek will hang on a little longer because the mountains protect them from the winds. I'll have to go up tomorrow and see. I love your 'stolen' photo :)))))))
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June! Thanks for stopping by! I see that fall is way ahead of us - our trees are just now beginning to show some color. The sassafras trees also go first, the virginia creeper and some of the willows. I love your maples - reminds of New England when we went last fall. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete