Well, for most it will be Turkey Day or a day of Thanks! I love Thanksgiving for it is a time for family to gather and be thankful for many different things. Some years the crowd for dinner is large and some years it is small. This year will be on the smaller size. Only one of my kids and family will be spending Thanksgiving Day here. I've been one who never trys to make my kids feel guilty as where they spend the Holidays. When they grow up and marry, plus have family of there own it is time for them to start making their own holiday traditions. When you start adding inlaws and some outlaws it is a time for them to share.
This year I will only have images of the turkey roasting in the oven. Oh, the mash potatoes and gravy! Yum!
Wait!!! the family that is coming are not fans of turkey. Is that possible?? So what is any good Mom to do but bake a ham! Yes, we will have ham for Thanksgiving and I for one will be thankful and enjoy every piece. But wait,I so love dressing! So we will have dressing with our ham. I have a wonderful butcher shop not to far that I can buy just giblets. Shhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell them that their is giblets in the dressing.
I wish every one of my family, friends and blog buddies a Happy Thanksgivings. The secret to happy is to be accepting to where you are in life and make the most out of everyday!
Happy Thanksgiving
June

I'm the same way June. I never want my kids to feel guilty either and I'm all for sharing. I know someday they will be doing their own things so I will enjoy this while I can.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a Thanksgiving my sweetie.
much love....
Happy Thanksgiving. I'm not telling about the giblets.
ReplyDeleteI love that sentiment...live and love where you are...I am trying that for sure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteHi June, Happy Thanksgiving a couple of days late! We were lucky and had our Thanksgiving on Friday, and everyone could make it. (And I didn't even have to guilt them, lol.)
ReplyDeleteHam sounds great, my turkey was dry....