Have you ever said I'm not doing any sewing this year for Christmas? That was me! So as the time has got nearer to Christmas, I get these little hints, Grammie you've never made me slippers. Or Grammie I sure would like Duck jammies. That is University of Oregon Ducks, of course!! So guess who is sewing for Christmas?
I've got four of the seven grand kids finished and three more to go. The problem is the two older girls. They are beyond home made pajamas. Plus I'm brain dead for creativity. What do you make pre-teen girls? Anybody out there in blog land have suggestions!
Thought I would share just one picture of my sewing. Okay, one sewing and one knitting.
Strawberry Shortcake pajamas and slippers. I call these slippers 4-H slippers but some call them TV slippers.
I've been making these slippers since I was in grade school. Let me tell you that has been a long, long time!
I hope everyone is over stuffing themselves with Turkey and now are into the Holiday spirit. I'm working on decorating the house, but I sure could use some grand kid help with the tree.
The count down to a Merry Christmas has begun!
Enjoy June
Wow, you are sure ambitious!
ReplyDeletethe PJ's and slippers are so sweet.
Makes me wish I was one of your g'kids!
Love the colors..I used to make those slippers....Lucky grandchildren..
ReplyDeleteYour grandchildren are so darn lucky to have you!!!! These are things they will remember all their days June! I remember the days when I would stay up till the wee hours in the morning to sew the kids their Christmas pjs. I kindda miss those days.
ReplyDeleteHope all is great with you. It's been so cold here that I have a hard time going out to get my daily fountain diet coke twice a day. Now if I was telling this to my kids they would all say "now that's COLD"
I hope you are staying warm over there in OR.
much love...
I love the pajamas and slippers!!! Heck if I were a teenager, I still would love them!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Junebug! Thanks for stopping by...we have been passing each other on blogs for years now! I thought I was following you at one time but I don't see you out there so I guess I will have to get on the bandwagon! LOL! I love your homemade gifts and Strawberry Shortcake is back? I did a Strawbrery Shortcake room for my daughter when she was little many moons ago. Those jammies and coordinating slippers are precious.
ReplyDeleteI'm making but got derailed with bad weather, no deliveries of supplies and the fact that I just don't push myself anymore. I made cinnamon hearts tonight for ornaments and the whole house smells great! I always wanted to make them and finally I did. I'm sewing, knitting, crocheting, baking, and who knows what else but I'm having fun and if it doesn't all get to them by Christmas I'm not going to fret about it. That's what happens when you retire so watch out.....I'm like a slug anymore! Happy Holidays to you and yours!