I'm starting to get excited!!! Since daylight savings time started, I've been able to work out in the yard two nights this week. There sure are a lot of weeds to pull already but it is way and I mean way to muddy for that. I did get all my roses trimmed and I dug up some horrible blackberry vines. I love blackberries to eat but just not in my yard! It was in the high sixties today as I sat inside at my desk, ugh! Oh, retirement you can't come soon enough.
Tulips and peonies are starting to sprout out of the ground. I'm worried about my peonies and frost. I keep a close watch on the temps to know if they need covered or not.
I can't wait for the tulips to start blooming. Looks like I need to get on moss patrol!
The daffodils are blooming all though my yard. In our valley they seem to grow wild. They always have a happy face. I had to pick a bouquet for my table.
Oops! Looks like I should have trimmed up the dead narcissus leaves before the picture. Oh well I'm still using my phone for all my pics! Yes, it is called procrastination camera shopping.
I almost forgot to tell you what I "almost" stepped on going out the patio door.
Mr. Toad!!! He didn't make a move. We have frogs and toads but usually not quite this big. I put a quarter down by him so you can see his size. I know some of you are laughing and thinking, tiny! But for me to almost squash a toad he was big. I told him he was lucky and he can stay in my yard and eat all the bugs.
I hope everyone is seeing signs of Spring and getting excited!
Enjoy June




Hi June, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. I would love it if you would also stop by mine and perhaps we could follow each other. Hugs, Chris
ReplyDeletehttp://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/
If you had stepped on him you probably would have slipped..Yuk..Our bulbs have only just begun..Enjoy your day..
ReplyDeleteIt sure doesn't look like that here :))) All I see is dead out there...but with weather like we had today (53)it shouldn't be long now. Are you ready for all the garden work? I'm trying to get myself excited...I'm always a slow starter though.
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you about the Vintage Whites Market...it was such a good time. I loved that it was a little smaller market than Farm Chicks, but I wish that it hadn't been mostly small stuff. I hardly saw any great furniture for sale in the whole place (not that I would have bought any) cause then I would have had to tarp it and haul it all home. I was in a pickup, so everything we bought at Ikea the day before had to be put in the cab at night at the hotel and then put back in the bed of it in the morning before we could go to breakfast...it was quite the pain...but boy did the girls and I have a great time!
I hope all is great with you sweet sis.
much love....
Great photographs! Yikes, that is a huge toad! I just have to say, I love your header, it's awesome! I'm happy I found your blog again!
ReplyDeleteHappy day~
Nancy
So nice to see the flowers. We don't have any yet. Stuff is popping out of the ground and there are leaf buds on the trees and bushes but no flowers yet.
ReplyDelete@ 3Beeze Homestead
Coming by to let you know that I/we nominated your blog for the Liebster award. The post about it will be up on our blog on Friday April 4. Come on over and have a look. Up to you if you participate. Thought you should know that we enjoy keeping up with the happenings at your place.
ReplyDeleteSnooks @ 3Beeze Homestead
DeleteYou are so much farther ahead than we are....but don't worry, we're going to catch up!!
ReplyDeleteHi there! Glad you liked the cookie recipe....it's funny you mentioned Iowa because that's where I'll be sending them come Christmas time!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog pictures on your banner. Where do you live? It's gorgeous! Yes, retirement is great but I'm always broke! LOL! Stay healthy because the meds are VERY expensive. TTYL!