Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, February 18, 2015

IT"S OFFICAL !!!!!

I am officially done with punching that time clock. I'm not saying done working, for working has many definitions!

My last day of work was very nice.  Usually my company has a luncheon for people leaving but I chose to cook instead.  You see I didn't retire, they decided to eliminate my job once I told them I was going to retire this summer.  Oh well, life goes on, so no retirement party! I occasionally cook for my work crew and since Friday was my last day I wanted to cook for the crew one last time.  I made their favorite, chicken enchiladas.  For dessert it was Paula Dean's Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding, YUM! If you haven't tried this, you are missing out.

So for my last drive home from work the mountain gave me a perfect photo moment.

Mt Hood is gorgeous snow covered.  Even though we haven't had much snow this year and the ski resorts are really hurting.   I love my mountain!

So what have I been doing?  First it really hasn't sunk in that I'm not working.  I feel like I'm just on some time off.  Yesterday I worked in the yard pruning roses like crazy. Then I had to remind myself I don't need to kill myself in one day.

The weather has been warm, so unusual for this time of the year.  The poor east coast is getting hammered with snow and we are enjoying the opposite.  So much that I've been doing this.

Yes, can you imagine hanging the laundry out to dry in February, crazy!

With this warm weather I have lot of flowers starting to pop out of the grown.  Let's hope we don't get a cold snap of winter.



Please overlook the weeds for I haven't found the magic to stop them from growing.. So retirement will be weed pulling and working in the yard.  Hopefully this summer my yard will look like my mind imagines it.  Oh I can dream on, ha-ah!!!

Enjoy your day for I'm back outside to WORK!

June

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations June..Now you can fill your days doing fun stuff:)..Please send us some of those temps..0 tonight with dangerous wind chills..I hope this is the end of it..We were just talking the other day about it soon being time to hang our laundry out..Sure looks pretty far away from here!! Enjoy yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing looks any better than clothes hanging on the line. It is frigid here tonight..-5 with -21 windchill's and it is still early evening and around -40 windchill's predicted for tonight. I loved looking at your flowers and I'm happy for you that you will be home to enjoy them and the summer.

    ReplyDelete