It's time for the teachers to have a day or two for grading and that means time day off from school. Since I don't work anymore it was a chance to grab the grand kids and make a day of fun. With both parents working a usual day would be kids watching TV and playing on electronic. So with our lovely weather we've been having and my need to exercise, a day hike was in order.
I have been wanting to check out Portland Audubon Society trails in NE Portland, OR. So off we went with backpacks and water. Oh what a lovely day! The trails are very well groomed, but do provide some elevations so you can get some good exercise in.
There are various trails from a short walk into nature to several miles. We choose the one in
between and I think it was about a 2 mile hike. There were birds in the trees and ducks in the pond.
The path took us through old growth trees, native plants that were identify with markers and lots of look out spots with education plaques.
The Audubon Society has a bird education center. They have birds on display for various reasons can not be return to nature. One of the volunteer took out a small falcon and gave the kids a one on one with the bird. I was so intrigued that I forgot to take pictures. The only picture I got was this little bird food robber.
It was a good day not only to be outside exercising, learning, laughing but mostly spending time together.
Enjoy June
So sweet for you to do something so nice with your grands. It's fun being free from work so you can do those things.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet for you to do something so nice with your grands. It's fun being free from work so you can do those things.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good memory making day...Fun
ReplyDelete