Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, March 4, 2015

OF COURSE IT IS SPRING!

 It must be Spring here in the Pacific Northwest! Everything is starting to bloom and I'm loving it. Our soil is still to cold to be planting but it won't be far off. With this there are a few problems.  Our Hazelnut farmers are really concerned.  The trees are budding out a month early.  The problem with this is we could still get a hard freeze.  Even though the weatherman is predicting 70 degrees this weekend.  I will keep my fingers crossed for our Hazelnut crop! Love those nuts!

The Robins have returned so it must be Spring, right! He wouldn't let me get very close and I don't have an excellent zoom, but he is here!


My flowering plum tree is really starting to bloom.  It is such a pretty tree in the front yard but it sure can drop its pink flowers if we get a strong wind.  Then my yard will be covered in pink petals.


I can't wait for my lilac tree to start blooming.  One of my favorite fragrance of all time. It is starting to bud so it won't be that far off.






Plus I need to protect my peonies that are starting to come up.  They are really endanger of frost.  I will be covering these sweet starts when frost threatens. I know they don't look like much now, but boy do I love my peonies!


Even my magnolia is starting to bloom.  Can you imagine what this tree will look like in a week or two.  I will try and take a picture then , but for now you will just have to use your imagination.





Well, I'm headed back outside in the sun and warm weather.





Okay, so the sun is shinning directly on the thermometer ! Had you fooled for a second.  I am enjoying being outside and I do have a couple of companions that seem to follow me around.  They are hoping I will dig in the dirt and they can find a worm or two!




Enjoy your day,
June

2 comments:

  1. Spring???? We are getting hammered again with snow. Nan from Alaska said they don't have any snow. But thanks for the green springy pictures. It will come here, I have faith, hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream on..5-6 inches of snow today..just covering up our first snowfall in Jan that hasn't had a chance to melt yet..Can't wait for the mud!! Enjoy your warmth..I'm probably the only person you know who likes this weather..No bugs..

    ReplyDelete