Our 6800 mile road trip took us across the continental divide three times. Somehow I only manage to make this picture! My silly dog didn't want to get out of the car for a picture, LOL!
I managed to cross off the Grand Canyons from my bucket list. I would have love to spend more time there but we had places to go and see.
I loved the layers and was fascinated by our guide, which was my friend from Oregon. She was working the summer season in the Museum there. She took us on a personal tour and pointed out some special features.
Then it was On the road again, Oh Willie I hear you singing!!
Our next stop was Mesa Verde National Park!! I was so fascinated with the Cave Dwellers.
You can take tours and actually go into the dwelling, but you must schedule the tour. Our schedule didn't allow for this since we didn't know about reservations.
So if you are in the SW of Colorado put this on your list.
Our next stop was Garden of the Gods. Pretty sad but I didn't even know this existed. I was so impressed and loved the hike. Great paths so it made for an easy walk.
The red rock was amazing for this Northwestern. I so enjoyed this but it was off to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Oh how pretty this area is. There wasn't much snow this year so above the tree line was really tundra looking.
We did see a large herd of elk that was enjoyable to watch.
It was time to head south again for we needed to be in TX for the 4th of July. Many miles of driving and site seeing. I'm not sure why my camera stayed in hiding but I sure don't have many pictures of that stretch of the hwy. After spending three days in Granbury, TX and taking in a small town 4th of July parade it was time now to turn north again. I know crazy, zig zag we did!
My sister had her birthday on our road trip, the big 60!!! She had never been to Mt. Rushmore and that is where she wanted to spend her day.
She got a new camera for her birthday and must have taken over 500 pictures. All in all I think she had a wonderful Birthday!
After Mt. Rushmore it was north. Oh my this is getting way to long of a post. Maybe I need to do a part 2. One last pic of my traveling partner.
My 14 year old rescue, Jackson did wonderful on this journey. I got him at 12 years old as a foster dog and he never left, LOL!
Enjoy,
June



June
ReplyDeleteWow, what a wonderful journey! You sure covered a lot of territory.
My Sis has been to The Garden of the Gods, I'd love to see it....
Glad your trip was a safe one-Kim
What a wonderful trip..Amazing that Jackson did so well...I used to live in Colorado Springs. We used to ride horses thru the Garden of the Gods..beautiful country for sure..Glad you got to visit that area..Gorgeous pictures
ReplyDelete6800 miles???? WOW! Now that's a road trip! I'm so glad you had a good time sweetheart. I know you will remember this forever. How fun! Can I say, I'm more than just a little jealous? I loved every photo!!!
ReplyDeletemuch love from me!!!