Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, September 21, 2015

FALL IS HERE!

Fall arrived very fast, anyway in my world it did!  One day is was summer and now glorious Fall.  My only dislike is it is getting dark so early, ugh!  But the crispness in the air is wonderful. The sun on the trees early in the morning makes drinking my coffee outside, fantastic!


With Fall in the air and a box full of apples, well it time to can apple pie filling.  Plus a sister visit to help. I was getting really low in the pantry and my son in law would never forgive me it I didn't bake him apple pies. I do quarts and pints.  Since there is only me a pint works really great for a quick apple crisp. 

 
Can you believe there was a little left over that didn't fit in a jar?  So what to do but make a little crisp for myself.  Did you say ice cream with it?  Of course!!

Yum, is all I can say!

I'm still struggling with posting comments on my favorite blogs, but I still read each and everyone - every day!!  Your posting are such a great way to start the day, like a visit from an old friend.


I so lucky to still have plenty of flowers in the garden, allowing a few bouquets for the house.

Enjoy Fall,
June

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what happened to my first comment but ...Fall is my favorite time of year. A neighbor of mine made some apple crisp last week unfortunately I did not have any vanilla ice cream to go with it but it was still very yummy..It looks like you have enough apples that you can have apple crisp all winter, Lucky you! We finally got out of the 80s and today was gorgeous, low 70s. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy. Now, I want some. I haven't been around much but trying to get back on track to my favorite blogs. Happy fall. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking like Fall there! I have some trees without leaves, yet others that are still green.
    Can you share your pie filling recipe and how you can it with me? We just picked our apples and decided we still
    have plenty of applesauce left from two years ago. I know I can search it on-line, but I prefer a tried and true recipe!

    ReplyDelete