Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, December 21, 2015

The Simple Things

All the hustle and bustle is over.  Now a few packages to wrap and I am done. Over the weekend it was over the hills and through the dell to my son's house I went.  Okay it doesn't rhyme, but driving over a snow covered mountain pass may have given my brain a few jitters.   Central Oregon is sure beautiful this time of the year, snow and more snow! And having all my kids and grand kids company for a whole weekend - the best!!!

But it is the simple thing that make if feel like Christmas too me.  Yes, my almond patties have arrived from Sioux Center, IA.  Besides tasting absolutely fabulous they instill so many memories from my past. I truly think of family that live in the mid west. Over my life I don't get to visit as often as I would like but my trips back there are some of my favorite travels.

You are going to have to imagine me sitting at my computer with a cup of hot coco and a delicious almond patty being devoured. Still no picture allow to upload, sad face here!

So if you are ever in IA and close to  Casey's Bakery have a almond patty and enjoy!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and looking forward to a wonderful New Year.

June

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Those almond patties sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, June! I love the mental image of you sitting by the computer with a cup of cocoa and an almond patty, now you've made me hungry, too! We still have no snow, can you imagine that? This is Wisconsin, such a goofy year. I'm glad you had a nice visit at your son's house. :-) I'm still hustling here, well, when I'm not on the internet (Shhhhhhh.....don't tell anyone, but you have to take a break sometime, right?) Back to my cookie baking I go! Hugs to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love almond patties...Envious..Hope you have a Merry Christmas and all the best to you for a safe and happy 2016..

    ReplyDelete