Are you a mother, father ,grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, cousin or friend of a wrestler? Well then, you know you spend many, many hours sitting in the bleachers!! Yes, that saying - hurry up and wait. Until I had a son 40+ years ago I didn't know much about wrestling. You ask why did I send my son to wrestling at a young age. You see at 3 years old he was a little bit of a bully on the block. Not what we define bulling as today. He simply thought he could tackle anyone and tumble, I guess a typical little boy. So there was a great little wrestling program in our town, so I joined him up. My thinking was, teach him the sport and he would learn rules and discipline when to wrestle. Well, that part work! But boy I didn't know I was domed for a lifetime of bleachers. Here's the deal! I'm on round two with wrestlers. Yes, grandson!!
My oldest grandson is a freshman in high school, Wait, how did I get this old?? Anyway their high school team competed in a two day regional wrestling tournament. Did you catch the two days! That means two days sitting on wooden bleachers. Oh no, not even the more modern softer plastic ones. You learn to bring cushion or what ever padding you can muster up! And here I thought I had enough of my own padding that I've acquired over the years.
Needless to say it was all worth the sitting. Freshman grandson got second in Regionals and now onto State next weekend. Yes, more sitting!! Our team also took second and qualified 13 boy to wrestle at State. The most our little high school has ever sent to State. Plus our coach got Coach of the Year and one of our great wrestlers got Wrestler of the year. Way to to North Marion High School!!
So proud of all you boys!! The stud freshman grandson is front row third from left or on my header, the stud on the top left, ha - ha!!

I went thru the wrestling thing with a grandson...Then there is Penn State who have an amazing wrestling team and coach..Those bleachers get very hard..
ReplyDelete