Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, November 21, 2010

BURRRR

Okay to you who live in snow country it really isn't cold to you. But we had freezing weather this morning. Finally frost on the pumpkin. Yesterday I spent the day getting ready for the colder weather. I drain all my outside faucets, cover the other outside faucets with insulated covers. Put clear plastic on my chick coop door. Must keep the draft down. I also winterized my rv trailer. Of course I was not prepared so it was a trip to get rv antifreeze. And the weatherman is predicting snow this evening. What??????? we don't get snow this time of the year, floods from rain, yes- but snow???????
So this morning when I woke up and open the drapes, yep; there it was frost! It was really quit pretty. Did I think to go outside and take some pictures. Oh no, why do some planning ahead for a frosty post. So after many cups of coffee, breakfast and even some sewing. The light bulb in the head went off. I really tried to get a picture of a lone rose that still had frost. Not the greatest but I will share anyway.



Look hard there really is frost but this rose was really telling me it was cold. There was still frost on the picnic table, which I haven't covered yet. Oops! Another job undone.



Now onto another subject that has nothing to do with weather. It's my son in law! You see at my daughters house this cat showed up one day. After a couple of days hanging out my daughter feed it. Much to my son in laws dislike. We are not keeping this cat. We are not spending one dine of this cat. In the mean time my grand daughter named it Lulu. After a couple of weeks and the cat still there with many neighborhood postings, Craigslist of found cat, veterinary posting. Well you get the idea! So my daughter took it to the vet's. It a girl and seem to be pretty healthy, a little underweight. This was about mid summer and she has put on weight, boy has she! Let me share you this cat who is not staying!!!



Yes, that is my son in law and this is a every evening occurrence. After he gets home from work and cleaned up he lets the cat in the house and they spend some quality time. I said hummmmm, cat not staying? His only comment to me was, "she is a lush"! So Lulu has a permanent home!


Stay warm everyone and have a blessed Sunday!


June

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Lulu for finding a good home.. And yes it is Damm cold here and 3 inches of snow last night and its snowing now with 3-5 more expected.. Im toasty and gearing up for our trip t=your way Wednesday.(to sister & bro in laws.)... Snow tires, chains & warm blankets just in case.. Have a warm Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm outside of Eugene and it's bitter cold here and very windy/rainy. I think we've headed into winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the cat is becoming a permanent fixture, don't you? And wow, Lulu is a big kitty now....how pretty!

    I hope you're staying warm...we're in for our first snow storm tomorrow, so they say. I could wait another two months yet, we won't see the end of it til April.

    I need to take some lessons from you on getting ready for winter. This year, I'm way behind with everything everywhere. The one good thing about snow is it covers up the mess and makes the yard look 'interesting'!

    ReplyDelete