I'm suffering from outdated decorations. Over the years my tastes have changed. Somehow I have found myself with an over abundances of Christmas Moos es. I still like s
ome of my Moose decor but I have way too many.
Plus with downsizing I don't have anywhere for my snow globes. Come to think of it I'm not sure I even like then anymore. Is it a change in my life and I want things simpler? I've decided I don't want my house to look like Santa lives here! I'm thinking a simple tree, my small Santa collection and my nativity set. The nativity set is my favorite decoration. It isn't fancy and actually it is plastic from the fifties. It was always on display when I was child. My mother purchased a fancy new set in the late seventies and she was going to give the old set to a rummage sale. I'm sure glad I intercepted that move! Actually my daughter has the seventies set now.
I put the set down low so all the grand kids can see it and they have fun rearranging the scene. It also helps teach the true meaning of Christmas. The stable is cardboard and could use a little TLC but it is hanging in there. I never want my home decorated with such fancy ornaments that you can't touch.
I've been doing some blog hoping and have discovered so many talented crafters that are making some wonderful Christmas decoration. Oh, I can remember the years of the whipped wax candles, the crocheted candles on a empty toilet paper roll, teddy bear wreaths, wine bottle with lights, pom pom wreaths, book page angels. The list goes on of the crafts that I made over the years. This year my creative juices are not flowing so, nope, not making anything. It's back to simple, no mess - that could be a joke but I'm really trying to keep it simple.
I hoping to make a trip to cut a few fresh boughs for the house to make it smell so good. I think I will even buy my wreathe this year and not make it. I might make the bow and that's it. Simple!!!
So I hope everyone is having fun decoration their home for Christmas but for me it is simple.
June
I wish I could do simple. Actually though, I do keep it simple. I used to decorate anything that had a surface of any kind. Now just a touch here and there. When the children were all home they insisted that we go all out. Now I have handed down all their favorite decorations to put in their own homes.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you came by...I have been so bad lately at finding the time to get on the computer. I have been making a lot of gifts and the days are definitely shorter. Landon has been quite sick, so I have been trying to make him more comfortable.
Thanks for the well wishes on being in Jo-Anne's new book.
big hug
I love Christmooses!
ReplyDeleteThanks for our visit, sounds like we are doing a lot of this same things...have a great month! Come say hi any time :D
ReplyDeleteJune, I was hauling out my Christmas boxes last night and got to thinking.....what am I doing? Why do I have all of this stuff? I love your post; keep it simple, there's enough to do this time of year without going off the deep end with decorating. (I wish I had some daughters who would like some of my old ornaments, I'm not sure our sons would want much, but I can always ask, right?) Simple!!!
ReplyDelete