The weekend was so enjoyable! The concert was great and I even won a poinsettia with a lucky number on my program. I had some of the grands overnight Saturday while their parents attend a company party. But mainly the weekend was spent relaxing and catching up on some of my new books and magazine. I found myself lost in wonderland. Dreaming of putting myself in the pages and being as talented as the writers. Isn't it fun to take a break from reality!
I am so thrilled with The Farm Chicks Christmas and I hear the first printing is gone. I wonder if they will do another someday. Oh and Where Woman Cook, wow what some talented gals. I've been enjoying a renewed interest in embroidery this year and pick up a new book by a northwest author, Alicia Paulson, Embroidery Companion. Let's not forget my copy of The Feminine Home which features one of my favorite blog friends June. Yes, we share the same name and she is a doll! Go check out her blog you will love her photography. http://laughingwithangels.blogspot.com/ Another book I picked up some time back but haven't had the chance to dive into the pages and that is Sisters on the Fly. I am so envious of there vintage trailers. I'm still kicking myself for selling my old 1966 about 4 years ago. Where was my head?
I am a copy cat when it comes to decorating. I need to give credit to Serena of The Farm Chicks who gave me the idea to put a wreath on my old farm set. I loved her old metal barn and to think my brother still has his, hummmm. 
There is nothing better then snuggled on the sofa reading all these new additions to my little library and drinking Peppermint Mocha. Thank you Coffeemate for introducing this to me which you can add to coffee or even hot cocoa! Thank goodness it is only available at the holidays.


There is nothing better then snuggled on the sofa reading all these new additions to my little library and drinking Peppermint Mocha. Thank you Coffeemate for introducing this to me which you can add to coffee or even hot cocoa! Thank goodness it is only available at the holidays.
These book are so enjoyable to read as I drift off into dreamland!
I hope all your shopping is finished and you can spend a little time relaxing like I have been doing. Don't worry it won't last long for I will remember some last minute thing I forgot and will be making a mad scrabble.
Enjoy June
Oh how cute....and I know I have that barn in my stash of toys somewhere. Time to pull it out and add to my holiday decor. Thanks for the visit to my blog too. Aren't we just the MOST blessed....Grandchildren are the greatest gift I could have ever dreamed of!!!! XXX
ReplyDeleteLove my Farm Chicks Christmas, and can't wait until I can do some projects out of it. Enjoy the holidays. Florence
ReplyDelete