Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Favorite Gift

Of all the gift I received for Christmas this is one of my very favorites. Yes, this little rose pin is it and I absolutely love, love it. I have it on my black winter coat so it isn't the greatest of pictures.



There is a little story behind this. My sister sews and knits wonderful. She has a booth at her local Astoria Sunday Market and she also does various other bizarre and festivals. She knits adorable baby to toddler hats. She makes beanies from preemie on up. But I love the little girl ruffled hats. She did a few up in red and black for Christmas and started adding these little roses to them. Being the polite sister that I am I begged her to make me a rose and add a brooch pin to it. So in this little package at Christmas arrived my rose. Here is a couple of pictures of the ruffled hats.






She is making some white ruffle hats for this Spring and Easter. So while out on my travels yesterday and a visit to a wonder yarn shop, I found 100% Angora in pastel colors. So being the wonderful sister that I am I picked up some yarn so she can add pretty pink, lilac or baby blue roses to her hats.



I keep telling her to make just roses to sell. You can pin them on handbags, headbands, and of course jacket. Wouldn't one look cute on a denim jacket? I may have to go into my begging mood again!


Tell the rain, rain to go away! I know it is Oregon but really it is geting close to breaking out the snorkle and fins.


So here's to sun coming out soon and to enjoying this day!


June

4 comments:

  1. Love the roses. When in Astoria for the bridge walklast summer I think I visited her booth at the market. Not knowing her I wasn't sure but I loved everything I saw.

    I'm in Palm Springs and the temp today is 82. Sorry for all the rain at home.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can see why you love it so.. Very chic and handmade is best.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that! I agree....she could really go crazy with just the roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful rose, I can see why it is your favorite. Your sister is very talented!

    ReplyDelete