Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE WEEKEND

What a lovely weekend I had. I spent the better part of Saturday visiting with my sister. It was fun just to spend time gabbing away. She crochet more roses from the yarn I got her and I turned pot holders she had made. The time went way to fast!
Then on Sunday the grand kids arrived. This is a picture of my living room as it normally appears. Nothing unusual, always a few books or magazine setting out.


Now this is my living room after five grand kids have decided to build a fort.


I think they found every spare blanket I had in the house. But do you know how many hours of entertainment this provided.



They each had there own room as they put it with tunnels between. Thank goodness I had many flash lights so no one had to share. A great day of imagination and play!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and are looking forward to a new week!

Enjoy June!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! I remember making forts too, there's just something so cool about it, especially when I was a kid, which was a long, long, long time ago. Another memory for everyone to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember making forts and then teaching my kids to make forts. Now it's almost time to start teaching the grandbabies! What fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun. I remember my daughter and a friend wanting to "camp out" in the dining room in their youth, and oh, how fun that was. Didn't cost a dime, but they were entertained for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...this looks familiar. I know that this was a good time at grandmother's house!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids used to build forts like this! Now my grandkids do it too! This is the best kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete