Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, January 10, 2011

IT'S A NEW YEAR, IT'S A NEW DAY!

I am so proud of the Oregon Duck, just one field goal in the last second and the game was over. But oh so proud of them!
I am also happy for I've been working on remodeling my kitchen for a year. My last post on my kitchen remodel was clear back in May. Back then I inform you I was taking a wall down in my kitchen. The sheet rock came down this past summer and guess what. Some interesting wiring was found. Some previous owner had did his own "custom" work. So I've been waiting to have someone with more electrical knowledge then me inspect and correct.
This is the picture of the wall I posted back in May.

This is what the wall has looked like since July, you heard me correct. I've been very patient and waiting. Or should I say cheap and waiting for my free labor who was very busy.


Last Sunday my son and a friend came to my rescue. The wall is down, Hallelujah!!! Yes, there is still more work to be done. I still need to sheet rock, tape and texture, but the great wall is down! I needed to add 8 inches to the back wall to run the electrical plus I needed the added length for a larger refrigerator. It's all done!
I wish you could hear the joy in my writing for I am so excited to tell the cabinet man we can finish the kitchen. This weekend the sheet rock and so close to finish!


Oh happy days!!

Jumping for Joy June

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I could hear it. The joy, and the jumping!!! This is awesome. It will be nice to have it done.
    Oh boy, that game was a good one! They almost got 'er done. My husband was watching it, so I could hear all that was going on. He was rooting for ya!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete