Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LOVE OF TULIPS

Tulips are a true sign of Spring. I have many in my yard and always have to use restraint from buying more this time of year. If any of you are close to Oregon it is the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival. There fields are absolutely beautiful.


Just a quick picture I took about a week ago while driving home from work. You see I have to drive by the tulips fields to and from work everyday. So on my way home I usually pull in and drive through the fields. I know it is really hard, LOL!


I even love the unopened ones early in the morning in my yard. Can you see my peonies with their fresh red leaves? I so hope we don't get a hard frost. Peonies may be my favorite, no lilacs, no glads, no roses. Gosh, I just love them all.


I've tried to choose a favorite but I've decided I like them all. These were swaying in the wind so the picture is a little fuzzy.


I always like looking down into a tulip to see what surprises there are. Some have beautiful colors and others have a dark circle.

So if you live close, go see the tulips this weekend. They are even having a craft show this weekend which should be fun.

Ahhhh, for the love of tulips!

Enjoy June

3 comments:

  1. Hello June, I can surely see why you wouldn't mind driving through those fields. OH, how pretty! I love the look of tulips in bud, too, so much promise and beauty to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are you to get to drive by the tulip's everyday. I meant to get there this year before I leave on my sail...but it seems time is flying by. So I guess I'll just have to content myself looking at your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty those fields are! And my goodness, is that your car! How wonderful for your grandkids to have a cool grammie that drives a cool June Bug.

    ReplyDelete