The cabinets are up and a few thing put back together. I can now cook again, do dishes in a dishwasher and have counter tops to clutter, ha-ha! This has been a slow process but it is called pay as you go. Now some real decisions have to be made. What to do with back splash? I am leaning toward tiling and was thinking of a natural looking subway tile. What do you bloggers think? Of course then I have to address the floor. I was thinking my old vinyl would last for another year and then I redo it. But once the new cabinets went it the floor looks horrible. I won't even show you a picture. So now install new vinyl, tile it or put wood down?. I was thinking since the cabinets have so much wood grain in them that a wood floor would over do it. So here are a few picture of the new cabinets.
I had the new cabinet come out over the refrigerator so I can store cookie sheets and long items. So far so good with this idea. Okay, so I'm short and need a foot stool but I've always needed one even with the old cabinets.
I put a coat of white paint over all the walls before the cabinets went in so I know they are clean behind. Now I need to decide what color to paint and I also will be painting all the trim white. The off white that they current are really makes them look dingy.
I did not go with stainless steel appliance for I am not a fan of them. I know I'm not with it! But I am the one that has to work in this kitchen every day and I know I wouldn't enjoy it. I'm also not a fan of hard granite surfaces. Yep, still not with the in thing. For now it is easy clean laminate.
I have removed the popcorn ceiling off the dinning room which extended part way into the kitchen. I still have the living room to go with this removable. Not a fun project! Once this is done I am having the ceilings redone with a simple texture. So the crown molding on the cabinets will have to wait until then.
I don't know about you but it seems once I've started a remodel project it keeps leading into more and the first one has to wait until the second one is finished and it is waiting until the third one is done. I need to stop tearing things apart!
But even though it isn't finished I'm loving move cabinet and counter space. So maybe I'll go bake something now. What is a kitchen with out a mess!
Enjoy June
June, your kitchen is coming along fabulously! I just love the windows in the cabinets and all the red!!!
ReplyDeleteJune, this is gorgeous, I am so jealous. My kitchen is in need of renovations so badly, I'm living vicariously through your remodel!
ReplyDeleteYou have me laughing with the comment about how one redo leads to another. (but Dale isn't laughing) That is why he has it when I start to say...you know what we should do about the...lol!
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen looks beautiful June! And I know that you are enjoying it and loving the fact that so much of the hard work is over.
I have awful popcorn ceilings too and would love to redo them, but that would be a fight I'm not willing to fight right now (if you know whay I mean)
Sending hugs from here...