Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, May 9, 2011

What's for Dinner?






What an active weekend I had, of course it involved grand kids! I had the pleasure of watching three of my grand kids for the weekend while Mom and Dad are on a warm weather get away. I had to include the warm weather since our Spring has been especially cold. With knowing the kids would be coming I did grocery shopping so I had some healthy food in the house that they would enjoy. I had Saturday nights dinner all planned out and that quickly got changed. We had been outside between rain showers doing a little planting. My oldest at 10 years old is a typical boy. He talked this grammie into building a fire in the chiminea. One problem what happen to the hot dogs sticks? A quick trip to the RV to retrieve them and I came back empty handed. So we had to improvise! Now don't laugh!


You got it! A big fork, a stick and Duck tape. They say Duck tape is man's best friend, well Saturday evening it was my best friend! A true Red Neck Hot Dog Stick!



Sometimes you just make do with what you got. This is called don't sweat the small stuff.



Yep, this crazy stick is working pretty good. Even I think that hot dog looks good. It even has a little black on it, just the way I like them!



Nope, this is not the nutritional dinner I had planned. But you are at grammie's house so you can be spoiled. Gosh I think I need to get the stain out for the picnic table - soon!



Dinner must be pretty good for we are happy and of course posing!




With their tummies full and not wanting to go inside. A relaxing swing while watching the fire burn out. Yes, we had to put our coats of for the evening was turning chilly.


What memories and laughs were created with a Red Neck Hot Dog Stick.

Grammie June

4 comments:

  1. June, love the Red Neck Hot Dog Stick! How funny, duck tape is indeed a man's best friend. I see green beans, so this is too a nutritional meal! Wonderful memories for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take my grand kids to the beach every summer for a week...and the rule is they get to eat anything..no rules. After all they get all that healthy stuff with Mom & Dad. They love to tell the story about "cake for breakfast".

    Love your hot dog sticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good Grammie you are!!! How could we ever live without Duck tape!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Grammie June (that sounds familiar) I think the kids have to have love coming to your house. That is so funny, the hot dog stick I mean!!! Hey whatever workd don'tcha think? ANd that definitely worked!
    I love my hot dogs the same way. Boy we have a lot in common girlfriend!
    hugs from here...
    I am hoping to make it to FC, but it is still a little up in the air for me too.

    ReplyDelete