It's the New Year and I was blog hopping this morning and saw so many new ideas and projects. Some of you bloggers are so talented. I came across one blog that has crochet granny square afghans and pillows. I loved the colors and the thought sprung into my head, "I haven't done granny squares for a long time". So I went to my yarn stash, low and behold what did I find, but several unfinished projects. Imagine that! Me, myself and I starting another project before a previous one is complete. Ha - Ha, what every gave you that idea!

See all these unfinished projects! Now why would I think to start another one?

First we have the plum afghan I started about 5 years ago, okay maybe 6 years. You see my daughter wanted a heavy, snuggle one with her colors. So I started this and guess what? She changed her color scheme in her living room. So someday I may finish it for they say colors cycle. Right now we are in the colors from the seventies. Hopefully I'm alive with this finished when plum comes back into fashion.

Socks, well not yet. I purchase the yard and did a test to see my gauge so I could start a pair of socks for me. Have I knitted more, of course not! It is a round to it project.

Duck football colored slippers. You are correct, football season is over for the year. But I must mention we did win the Rose Bowl. Maybe if I get with it I can get six more pairs done for next season. Really it was a great idea!

The chickens from last year that never got done in time for Easter. I do have a chance of finishing for this Easter. I only have five more to go. They are really cute completed and stretched over a plastic Easter egg.

Yes, my winter scarf. It's halfway done and winter isn't a month old yet. There is hope!

The dish rag! Really I have made great progress on this project. I made over a dozen for last year and gave the final ones for Christmas gifts. This is my second one of the year, so I have a good start.
So no more projects until I finish some already started. Be thankful I only showed my knitting and crocheting. I have several embroidery and sewing project in the works also. When will I ever learn - never! You heard me, I'm beyond learning to finish before starting a new! I'm sure it is genetic!
Finally, it's crock pot Sunday! I've been making a crock pot full of soup every Sunday for the last several weeks. It is wonderful to grab and go for work lunches.

Today's soup is freezer and refrigerator clean out soup! No other name comes to mind. It is left over turkey from the freezer, broccoli & cauliflower from left over veggie tray, onions and garlic from the garden, plus various veggies from the refrigerator. Some chicken broth, spices and wa la soup!
Enjoy June
You crack me up! In my moving my craft room I have come across countless unfinished projects of every kind of craft. I am going to try and finish up two or three before I start anything new. Wish me luck.
ReplyDeleteI tried to reply to your comment via email but you account is set to noreplyblogger. I thought maybe you didn't realize it. Have a wonderful week dear friend, Patty
You do have some projects to finish. But look all the things that you will have when you are done. My favorite kind of soup.......good luck.
ReplyDeleteLove your dishrag....want to share your pattern? But only if it's an easy one. Remember me I'm the knitter of weird shaped dish rages.
ReplyDeleteOh my, you do have a lot of knitting to do!!
ReplyDeleteBut I don't even want to remember all my unfinished projects-it's just too depressing.
Maybe we should do one new project, then go finish one old one. Then eventually we might get them done.
Hi June - jus had to come by and thank you for your prayers for Kristen, my friend's daughter. We have just seen so many ways that the Lord has been working in this situation and I know it's because of all the wonderful prayers of friends, family and loved ones!
ReplyDeleteI love your new header - specially the church in the snow - that's beautiful. Looks like you've got several winter projects to get done! I'm bad about not finishing things either. I get bored and wanna start on something else. Good luck with your projects!
You are as bad as I am about little projects...I think I have a I'd go for the scarf and see how it goes! lol
ReplyDeleteThat soup sounds like a great idea. Thanks for stopping by my blog so much...I just love that!!