Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

JUNKING I WILL GO!

A weekend at home and to do what I love.  First it is that lovely cup of coffee out on the swing with the beautiful sunrise.  Then I'm awake and excited to go to one of my favorite junk sales.  You see last month I had to miss the mother load of junk sales The Barn House Boys up in Battleground, WA.  So I wasn't going to miss Molly Mo's in Sublimity, OR.  This sale is held at her home in the backyard.  It is a lovely setting and all the vendor are a delight.  Now the sad part, I was so excited looking, ahhing, visiting, touching, and buying that I forgot to take pictures while there.  Where oh where is my head?

There was some lovely things but as my budget was telling me I would have to rob a bank before I could indulge.  But I did find a few treasures.
 So what am I doing with my finds?  The little shutter will soon be painted and hug on the garden shed. I can't wait for I've been looking for them this summer.

 Who can't use an old rake, I'm thinking hanging it on outside of the house by the BBQ so I can hang my BBQ tools.  Maybe then I will be able to keep track of them.  The old hay hook is just because. I have no plans but just nostalgia from growing up on a farm.

Isn't this the cutest child's apron.  I couldn't resist!

I am such a sucker for embroidery work.  I even tried it on and it almost fits, okay hips shrink a little!
Okay, now what am I going to do with a green metal tackle box?  I certainly don't know but it will end up in my little trailer for future camping.  It may get a redo eventually.  Now my favorite!
I
Isn't this the cutest little white enamelware coffee pot? This will also go in my trailer for those time when I'm camping without electricity.  I am an early riser when camping and now I can make coffee anytime.  I had to try it out last night and made a pot of decaf.  I didn't want to be up all night.  It was perfect.   Now all I need is another camping trip! 

Enjoy your week for I sure will!

June



8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun day! I love the little coffee pot! I'm bummed - I didn't know about Molly Mo's and spent the entire day sitting in Canby twiddling my thumbs :( I'm glad you found some awesome things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those kind of coffee pots, yep as the perk away reminds me of the folgers commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm Holly! I would have bought that apron and coffee pot. I have fond memories of watching my mom's coffee perk when I was little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I love it all...the coffee pot will come in handy esp.. with the decaf..come on over to my trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great treasures. I wish we had some great sales like that here. I love all your plans for them, too. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have been there and beat you to these treasures June. Not really...I promise I would have behaved : ) Well maybe not about the green metal box. I love it!!! I have one more treasure hunt to go on and it's over Labor Day. I have been saving my pennies and promising myself that I will go easy because the shed is FULL! But we never let a little thing like that stop us, do we???
    sending big hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. June
    I love your treasures! I saw an old fishing tackle box made into a bird feeder on Pin interest, so there's some more food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some great treasures, I so wanted to go to Molly Mos, but need to go in the opposite direction to a family reunion, of which I am glad I did. Enjoy the rest of summer, fall will be here soon.
    Hugs!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete