Welcome

I hope to share my little ups and downs though life in a small town with hopes and dreams of the country life. With that I have learned to bloom where you are planted.



Monday, August 13, 2012

Where Have I been?

Really I am still kicking but you know I am busy when I have to admit I have too many irons in the fire!  Hum, wonder where that phrase came from? 

You see for the past two weekends I have been out of town. It all started with camping with my son and family while attending a County Music Jamboree.  Way too many headliner to mention them all but, Rascal Flatts, Chris Young and Derks Bentley were just a few.   Great music, great camping and great family. 

Then I squeezed in hosting a jewelry parting, plus I was watering a friends garden for the week while she was on vacation. 

Then the biggie!!  It's been planning, set up and cooking for our 45th High School Reunion.  Yes, there are 4 of us life long friend who do this every five year.  Are we crazy?  Yes, maybe, but we do have fun and we had a great turn out. Plus while back in hometown I tried to squeeze in the County Fair.  I didn't do too well on this but I did watch grand kids so the adult kids could attend.  Can I say it was the wee hours when they got home.  So does lack of sleep come to mind but great fun.

Then it was helping a special friend with her Daughter's outdoor wedding reception.  Can I tell you I am in bare feet by now.  Way too much on the feet for the class reunion the day before.  Another event that was work but so much fun.  It was all done in vintage, straw bales and sunflowers.  Just perfect!

Did I mention breakfast out with friends, company staying with me, and of course tending and harvesting my garden.

Now I'm sure you are all wondering where pictures are?  I have many of the class reunion but I won't bore you with them.  I was so busy with wedding reception that I didn't even get my camera out.  Yes, I'm sad about this but there were many a camera clicking away.  So hopefully I'll get a copy or two.

So I'm leaving this post today to say life is short so enjoy every second even if you totally exhaust yourself.

I have this saying hanging on my bulletin board at work.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,  "Wow God! What a ride!"

Enjoy June

7 comments:

  1. Love those statements.
    You have been a busy one, sounds like busy fn.
    This summer finds me either really busy or doing nothing.
    Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying the ride!! Summer is just crazy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are living life. Enjoy and keep going!

    @ 3Beeze Homestead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that saying! So true so true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pooped just reading this post June! I want some of what you're taking : ) It sounds like you are taking advantage of the days to the utmost my dear friend. I would have loved the country music jamboree! What a great time that would have been June.

    I hope you are now recovering and soaking those little feet of yours.
    It will be fun to find out what you plan to do with your Autumn!!!
    sending many hugs your way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quote June.
    It sounds like you're well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are enjoying the ride and that's what it's all about

    ReplyDelete